Just ordered an Evolve GTX Bamboo - need advice (update: canceled my Evolve Order)

I’ll try to keep this as unbiased as possible. Just some facts for you.

I owned a GTX before building,

One motor seized on the first ride due to a broken magnet, I returned the board and they replaced the motor. Two days later the second motor went, same process. Remote disconnects happened several times in 2 months Remote calibration was required before every ride due to it being thrown out and braking failing Sag threw me into a bush half way through the battery “capacity” because they use cheap batteries and conservative settings (because the battery is cheap)

Positives: The deck is great The double kingpin’s are fantastic for slow cruising

My recommendation is to either cancel your order right away or return it before you ride it. It’s extremely overpriced for what you get and you will not be doing any “offroad” with it. It will vibrate and fall apart internally.

Build a mountain board with your money and never look back.

7 Likes

A quick one on this bud. You’ve made the purchase and then come here and asked for opinions after the fact. When you ask for opinions you’re going to get them. What’s not to understand there?

The board you have paid for is not very good, that’s pretty well known. A bit of research before spending would be prudent.

5 Likes

Fair enough. I think both sides got carried away a little and we are far beyond that and I think we had a good discussion after that :slight_smile: Thanks for your input

Regarding sending it back without testing - I think I can’t do that honestly. I will see it as an experiment like stated earlier as I have absolutely no point of reference at the moment.

Of course it might involve the loss of some money but at least I gain experience and won’t make the same mistakes again (hopefully).

With that in mind, be aware of who you are dealing with.

Ride super carefully, if you scratch a motor mount for example, even within your “money back” period, they will charge you 60 euros to replace it. If you miss clearance and scratch your enclosure you’re in for 100 plus euros.

Evolve have a shit load of returns, QC is non existent and they have build their customer service centers around not accepting returns or charging as much as possible to ensure they can still profit from your buyers remorse.

I still highly suggest not riding it. Your money to waste though!

4 Likes

Yes I think I might have to go the route of just riding it for some time and then if I really hate it - sell it second hand.

It would be better not to have it at all if your mentality is to sell it and cut even

It’s just like a car, as soon as it’s out of evolves hands and into yours, it’s worth significantly less, like 2/3rds max and 1/2 on average

1 Like

Guys, he has already payed for the board and can obviously not cancel it. Sometimes you have to find out for yourself regardless of what other people tell you. Been there, done that, have the regrets to prove it.

He can return this one, I get what you’re saying but there’s still a way for this gentleman to not get ripped off by Evolve here. They offer a money back guarantee if you’re not happy with the board and if it’s not received yet he can cancel this order. At least that way he won’t have to cover return shipping.

2 Likes

If Brent’s words can’t get through to you then maybe it’ll get through to the next person reading this thread :sob::sob::joy:

1 Like

In that case, cancelling would be the best decision. @Ryux , if you can cancel it do it. If you don’t want to build a board from scratch, get a Trampa complete (change the motors if you can), make a LiIon battery for it or just get a couple of Lipos it will cost more but you will have a proper mountainboard.

1 Like

Here’s a rough outline of a baord that would cost you only a few hundred more to build, and would nuke the gtx into Oblivion

1 Like

Really got me thinking… I might cancel it and just build a trampa board… Not sure how the return policy is for evolve Germany though

3 Likes

Looking up your local customer protection laws would be the easiest way to ensure they provide the support they should.

I can almost guarantee they’ll try to snake out of allowing a return. Remain firm but polite in your messages to them

A recent post is a perfect example of losing value when reselling

sad but true

1 Like

Sorry man :sob::sob::heart:

Since you are in the EU check this out:

2 Likes

My board literally does the same range or more as those Bamboo GTXs out there. Both street and AT configs. It’s still a tough sell. Evolve lies about the 31mile range so people are always holding second-hand boards against that.

2 Likes

Of course they lie, every manufacturer does :frowning:

Gotta get watt hours and do the math unfortunately

The worst I’ve seen is koowheel… They have a 150 wh battery and they claim 25km from it… Like really? :roll_eyes:

Lol. This is literally from the first post I made in this forum. As you said, gotta do the math.

1 Like