Jenso Style Direct Drive... For Street Boards!

Haha yea cover is next on the list. Brainstorming ideas on how to do that now

I donā€™t know if youā€™ve ever been in to RC cars, I mean proper RC cars, but it sounds like youā€™ve got the pinion too far in to the teeth of the spur, (too close together), it needs like 1mm clearance at least.

The way youā€™ve got the pinion, like part off of the spur is the correct position to have it in though, you never have them fully meshed.

Looking good though. What do you envisage this being made out of for reals though, ali?

Yea I made the screw holes too small on the mount and was too lazy to take them out to move the motorā€¦

Big gear will probably be printed out of POM like @Nowind and small gear will be steel.

1 Like

How about printing the small gear with Polycarbonate and 100% infill? If you can get your printer to 300Ā°C nozzle and 100Ā°C bed it might be really close to proper metal gears.

I think ill stick with steel motor gears during testing (once I buy a hot air station and fix my vesc) but If anyone has been following my motor mount thread youll be happy to hear that I may finally be able to do 1 or 2 tomorrow on a manual mill at a different schoolā€¦ @mmaner :wink:

Sweet, Iā€™m anxious to see them :grinning:

After seeing this thread, I modeled this in Inventor in a few hours. I will probably try to improve it this weekend. Itā€™s pretty similar to the image you posted @darkkevind, and I even implemented your solid bearing idea. Iā€™ll try to switch the gears to hypoid gears, so the motor can be moved closer to the deck and be quieter.

I have access to a full free machine shop that has CNCs, so I might be up for trying this in a few weeks.

Opinions?

5 Likes

how did you change the pitch of those bevel gears? I cant seem to find the option in the bevel gear menuā€¦

That looks great! Good work.

Iā€™m interested to see how he mounts that thing to a baseplateā€¦

1 Like

Are you using Autodesk Inventor? Its the Pressure Angle option in the Spur Gears Component Generator.

1 Like

Oh lol kill meā€¦ I forgot about that option :joy:

Hey @GrecoMan just wondering, since you mount at 90Ā° your motors why not use 3 pulley gears instead of 2 ? It would solve your wheel size / gear sizes limitations. You can put a smaller diameter on the wheel and keep outrunner design ? Even a normal shaft & standard motor can do.

Edit : Forget about straight cut gears, Iā€™ve seen there are many options discussed already

i think I know what you mean, but would you mind drawing a diagram or something to better explain?

Sure ! Wait a moment

1 Like

Something like this (sorry for pic quality)

1 Like

True thatā€™s what I thought first too but if you use 3x 45 degrees pulleys (invert motor pulley so angle faces the motor) it might be able to do the trick with standard parts.

Greco would need to use proper size and adapted mount though

Edit : I may give it a try with SWorks, still need to convert my wifeā€™s board!

1 Like

https://tooldepot247.com/metabo-bevel-gear-with-pinion-316041660

Fwiw, if you find a way to make angle grinder gears work, go with this one.

Metabo grinders are known to last years with daily use, provided you change brushes when needed.

4 Likes

Hey anybody got a 3d model of a Paris truck ? Iā€™m back hooked to modeling letā€™s try and make something out of the Greco Jenso style !

1 Like

iā€™ve got a model of a paris truck I can send you. pm me your email. good luck!

1 Like