Jenso Style Direct Drive... For Street Boards!

Dang Greco that’s sweet is it finished or is there an update

nothing yet, i’ll try to work on it a bit tomorrow

god knows i’ve got enough aluminum…

Ok 10 char

well damn, you’ve really revived my interest in this! i’ll try to get one of the prototype motor mounts (for the belt drive and this spur drive) done this week! i’ll print the wheel spur and a motor spur in solid abs so I can test em for a bit then i’ll grab a steel motor pulley and give it a real go

1 Like

maybe with tech these days and 3d printers you could print a helical gear and make a silicone mold and pour a couple in steel. be awesome if it were a quiet helical but they seem crazy expensive to get made. maybe wouldn’t be the strongest steel but if it had a large interface between parts to transfer load bet even mild steel would be good.

Yay I can’t wait to see this in action and can’t wait for this to be for sale but one question won’t it have the same problem direct drive has of not being able to change from more torque less speed and then change to more speed less torque…

the point of this is to make it more compact and able to run bigger reductions than belt drive. it will also be quieter

Oh ok this is going to be awesome hopefully you get around to selling them They look sweet

1 Like

yea not sure my mom would be too happy with me pouring steel. i’ll make a set that’s helical and a set that’s not, I’ll see which one performs better. If the helicals end up performing better these will be a bit more expensive than standard since helical needs to be custom made (hence your idea).

helical seems really expensive from my looking but syched to hear the differences. it’s hard to find examples of sounds from helical gears and instead it’s just said they’re very quiet. if pouring metal is too much you could make the mold and do it will a resin and carbon or even just fiberglass with the resin sucked in. composites are damn strong. quieter too.

I just got a 3d printer! and have some water clear fiberglass filament that’s really strong. be a shame to not be able to see it and maybe could print a box for protection

1 Like

ooooo crystal clear filament

the cover for mine will be printed 4mm thick abs with cf vinyl. either that or milled carbon fiber for my premium buyers

but then you don’t get to see it. seeing is the pudding. go crystal.

heh did you not read the part about me being constantly broke? i have $.84 in bank account at the moment :wink:

well… I could always laser cut some acrylic…

they should pay you to go to school.

my bank was -103 a couple days ago but floating high today. maybe you should take up soccer or something less expensive. one time ball purchase

1 Like

lol my board is in a reliable working state (knock on wood) and it’s almost christmas so the dough should start rolling in pretty soon

Lol no fair I’m to young to get money for Xmas😥 Last time I asked for money for Christmas I got a bag filled with paper mache money lol

When i was young (i am still, but once i was even younger^^), and wish money for x-mas or b-day i got nothing… nowadays i say i do not want anything, and guess what i get? …buck$

That’s some BS right there, Santa needs to get it together :slight_smile:

1 Like