Jenso Style Direct Drive... For Street Boards!

not worried about the gears, I can figure those out. can you post up some picks of what it looks like?

It looked pretty much what it looks like on the ES post above. I have some pics of it around somewhere, but that was over a year ago.

I came across these the other day. Theyā€™re 66mm x 102mm and designed for tricycles (human/electric powered), so Iā€™d imagine they are a bit more suitable for esk8ā€¦ if you could get them to fit. Theyā€™d handle the torque, but would need to spin a lot faster than what they were designed for (skateboard wheel diam vs bicycle wheel diam). From what Iā€™ve found on random forums, prices seem to be under 100USD.

Sorry for clogging up your thread @GrecoMan. Iā€™m keen to see how you go with this; with or without a differential :wink:.

1 Like

were the bearings placed at intervals? how where they held to the axle? how many?

no worries! I love the suggestions and advice!

How is it going btw ? I didnā€™t progress at all on the 3-pinions drive idea on my side :sweat_smile: Got the right tools but not enough time.

Arenā€™t there both straight+angled combined gears available around there ? Just throwing more ideas lol

1 Like

hehe havent progressed at all on this idea. end of the trimester was just before thanksgiving so the past week or so have been SUPER busy getting back into school and all that

I had 8x16x6mm (I think) outside of the diff & inside the wheels on both sides, used snap rings to keep them in place with an milled aluminum cylinder holding everything. Used an old caliber 2 hanger, cut down to about in inch from the beginning of the pivot pin, welded on both sides to the aluminum cylinder. I wasnā€™t built well, but it was good enough.

I think the problem I had was that the torsion stress of the axles would feedback into the diff causing it to loose alignment. That caused it to essentially disintegrate from the inside out, which had the resulting action of throwing on my big ugly face :slight_smile:.

LOL. I never even thought about snap ringsā€¦ GENIUS! any chance you remember where you pickked up the bearings?

I like it when people call me geniusā€¦I mean, its all bullshit, but I still like it :smile:.

Im sure they came from Alibaba or eBay. This is how to do it, at least think this is the safest and most long lived methodā€¦who knows.

1 Like

Yea I think he used a one way bearing though, which really fucks with the brakes

that is true, but with another single motor up front for brakes the torque would be insane. anyway, it will take some serious material that can stand high torsion stress and manufactured to high tolerances. it wouldnā€™t hurt if the diff was in a sealed housing full of lithium grease.

1 Like

Progress! Here is the wheel spur I have worked on:

researching motor spurs now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay progress

1 Like

looking at these bad boys right now, just got this weeks allowance so maybe ill place an order for a 12t and a 15t one tomorrow

maybe I should 3d print firstā€¦

1 Like

welp, decided I should probably test the concept before investing in it

1 Like

Dude this is so coolā€¦

thanks bro!

BANG!

11 Likes

Looks really nice greco! What cad program do you use? About the trucks and wheels; did you design them from the bottom?