Jenso Style Direct Drive... For Street Boards!

Haha lol…

assuming this all goes perfectly and I get a working system without problems, how much would anyone actually pay for a complete setup? kinda just curious. full setup means: 1x POM or ABS wheel spur 1x Steel Motor Spur 1x Alu 7075 Motor Mount 1x Gearbox Cover

• $75-100
  • $100-150
  • $150-200
  • $200+

0 voters

obviously the higher cost would result in higher tolerances in machining and overall better quality

I would buy one for 150-180 dollars Seems like that would be pretty sweet

Unless they sell for cheaper😏

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=63495&p=950438#p950438

6 Likes

but it looks like it would drag on the ground. a 45 degree angle would be nice. actually i’d like ot watch it above the board in front wheel drive.

It sat up at an angle. Can’t remember how. Just posted it up because I remembered all of us were involved in this thread one way or another haha.

1 Like

We use helical gears in our boards. A pain to get right, and lots of fiddling. Expensive to make as well. POM and other materials won’t last the distance, our only option was a carbon steel.

2 Likes

think your missing the point with this thread :joy:

this one is for jenso style. I have a different thread for the open differential 2wd drive

why helical gears? are the mechanical advantages significant enough for the additional cost and design complications? all of the videos I’ve seen of your board show it running really loud, which means there is probably a lot of vibration, not good for obvious reasons.

I do love the idea and concept though. I just feel like a simpler design would have been easier to execute.

I missed the point a long time ago…

3 Likes

maybe if your gears had a different interface or more contact area they would be quiet? I guess helical is a pretty broad category. I think you can get some made steel or something and they could be very qiuiet. but maybe you needed steel because of this small contact area yours use as well?

1 Like

also, wouldn’t carbon steel be prone to rust?

I used this same method, the problem I had was with torque and differential. The 1:8 scale differential was just shredded after about 30 minutes of riding. After trying it with 3 I discovered it was the takeoff and braking that shredded the internal gears. Unless you use larger gears with better tolerances and much stronger materials this is just a creative way to bust up a board and your hands :slight_smile:

1 Like

how did you make the wheels move? sorry, a bit hard to word, . does the entire axle spin?

Yep, the differential turns the axles.

independently from the hangar?

Yep, bearings :blush:

1 Like

i’m fuggin confused

how big is the hangar that it can fit an 8mm axle + 15mm of bearing? don’t the bearing break when you hit a big enough hole?

about 22mm if I remember correctly. I used a ban saw, side grinder, drill press and dremel to fab it. THe issue wasn’t the hanger, it was the differential. Plastic gears and alloy axles are not good enough.