Integrity - trampa urban carver - vesc6 - unikboards parts - build thread

Hey !

As you know, I mainly post all my builds on my french community that I have created more than 2 years ago as this take a lot of time to maintain information in different places; sorry about that! I also went for a name that means a lot to me “Integrity”. That being said, I will post here my build on the Trampa Urban carver. I’m not going to invent the wheel like riding electric skateboard with hooks or stuff like that. For the Urban Carver; Frank, WP, Kaly covered it with so much talent.

I plan to post the build thread here, but also what is often missing is the riding part : how do we ride our jewels The beauty of DIY is that we all can be proud of what we achieve; no-one is genius and has every skills but bringing people together, learning from each other is what I love about our communities. That’s the same for riding. No-one car who is the best rider, it’s all about respect and having a blast… while we last ! We all have also different riding styles, so that would be my thread to share with you on this.

We all have to start somewhere ! I may modify the build while progressive but that what I got to start with

My target is to keep it lean and light, probably 12S4P or less… 20km; 40 to 50 km/h top speed

edited: some slights wording and phrasing to make it “better” for english people!

14 Likes

Looking forward to following the progress of this thread. Ever since you built your little AT-Beast I’ve been wanting to build something similar, but I haven’t figured out which trucks, hubs and bearings to use. Trampa trucks has 10 and 12mm axles while regular Calibers have 8mm axles.

Would you mind posting a detailed parts list?

sure, for the AT beast it’s straightforward. Trampa trucks Infinity 10mm axles; superstars hubs - 8’inch wheels primo; my two trampa compatible mounts & drivers, my 35° risers. except the Trampa parts which are already insane; the remaining parts are available in the group buy I opened.

seems I have enough clearance with 8’ wheels; but I think the riding experience will be better by changing the mini hanger with a MTB hanger. That’s what I’ll do

4 Likes

Initially I was going for 12S3P but to be honest; as the board is already not on the ultra light side… 8 (oops it was 12!) cells will not kill the deal and provide more miles (I don’t care about the Amps cause I go for 35A VTC5A cells). So I’m now heading on 12S4P on this upcoming little rocket. Just ordered the missing cells from nkon.nl and the BMS from battery support. The VESC6 should be coming in the next days so I will probably have not finished this build; but no worries; I will put them on my existing MTB HolyPro prototype support deck or on my AT beast to have fun with FOC on 12S !

1 Like

@okp do those Trampa mounts fit both the MTB and mini hangers? I saw the square hole and just assumed they were for the MTB only.

Apologies, would have asked on your group buy thread but I can’t seem to reply to that one (probably because I’m a newbie).

If you want to go from 12s3P to 12S4P and you only bought 8 additional cells I have bad news for you :wink:

3 Likes

eheh; the pack / blocks are not welded; so instead of going 3P; just going 4P :slight_smile: just ordered additional cells and will solder the last blocks.

the mounts fit the Trampa Infinity MTB trucks hangers (normal/reverse) but not the mini hanger has their is not enough flat area for this design

the group buy thread is acting weird, some people cannot post into it; so don’t hesitate to ask here too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if I get you. To increase a 12S battery by 1P you need 12 cells. You said you ordered 8 - which is not enough. Welded or not does not matter.

1 Like

yeah I know, didn’t pay attention to that when I wrote the message cause at the end I ordered … 50 more :slight_smile:

The Trampa Urban Carve mounts fit both.

Frank

yeah, I second that. The Trampa enclosure is also really good. Loads of space and such a great material.

That’s why I like Trampa, you don’t have to care about quality, it’s already top notch.

I may be looking to do some 3D printed “enclosure termination” to fill the gap on each side. Solution provided by Frank with neoprene seems also perfect, but 3D print will enable me to get this little extra finish.

1 Like

Quick update, I’m building the 12S4P pack.

3 Likes

How would you compare these holy pro builds with the little AT beast? Im a huge fan of the little guy btw

totally different; the AT beast is huge power on a short deck; feeling is like space mountain. The holy pro is more a mountainboard with flex. both are dope. What little guy are you talking about ?

I meant the AT beast cause its “little” :slight_smile:

hah yeah :slight_smile:

5 Likes

9 Likes

Nice one OKP! You are faster than me. As I can see, you have the MTB Hangers mounted, springs in outer position. What I would recommend is putting extra inserts in for the bindings. Do you need the grip design I made for the Street Carver?

http://www.trampaboards.com/35-carve-deck--drilled-edged-gripped-with-marine-grade-stainless-steel-countersunk-bolt-kit-p-12020.html

Frank