Inner gear direct drive gearbox

Wanna be a sponsor? :joy:

1 Like

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: 10char

Ended up buying this due to fat boy easter deal selling out. I can use this for an ATB build. I only have Hypa wheels so either need to put a hypa pattern into the POM part or buy…holes are cheaper so think I’ll go that route!

Please bring back in a Easter deal on Fat boys with a mini drive…I even don’t care which mini drive it is, I’ll buy whatever trucks I don’t have later in summer…want for the LaCroix

1 Like

As a lot of people requested. I adding an option to buy now with discount until Tuesday for everyone who wants to get this kit cheaper. Just you will need to wait for 2/3 weeks to be delivered.

Price until Tuesday €500 + shipping (around €15)

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/products/fatboy-mini-drive-train-1-3-for-torqueboards-218mm-trucks

arggggh already have my order for the ATB version!!! Any chance I can get my shipping combined?

Ok I’ll have to do something drastic, does anyone need a 5 year old?

2 Likes

Hehe, combined would not be cheaper… 35 PM

I think pretty soon you would be put in our shop blacklist :smiley:

I think you mean whitelist, I should just set up a direct debit

1 Like

I think pretty soon we will need a page for @banjaxxed GoFundMe as his wife is going to kick him out of home :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah an esk8 spare couch thread may be in order

2 Likes

We can already ship to you if you want… You will need some holes to make and some filing but it looks pretty good :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Those are perfect for a Flintstones build :see_no_evil:

1 Like

jaba daba dooo 10char

3 Likes

I sent your father a mail about the order regarding the hole pattern of the Hypa star, hope it’s possible for the ATB drive, six spokes, 81mm distance. edit it’s 81mm, had to zero my calipers

Manual was added for the drive train:

1 Like

:beers: thanks dude

1 Like

I have modded the ATB 1:5 to fit on scrub hubs with 9" wheels, they also have a 5 spoke fit.

Went a little something like this, worked out alignment,made withness marks and drilled out to 4mm same as scrub bolts bdf39f85c03e5389a0d58932ead80dcd725ddd4f It sure ain’t CNC but I was accurate enough not to introduce an alignment problem (I think)

drill

Just have to shorten the M4 50mm bolts down to 40mm and done for this side bolts

Using the 6374 Dark Matter sealed motors with a 8mm shaft, this caused a little problem due to the collar at the base of the shaft, the solution was a stack of 5 washers and longer M4 bolts (15mm torx). washer stackdarkmatter Whether this turns out to be a stable soltion time will tell, if not I’ll take some meat off the base of the spur

Faint mark from the spur touching on pushed test, problem?

Maybe a sixth washer but the stack is longer than I’d like already

2 Likes

I think the bigger isue will be the inner gear not being concentric to the wheel hub. I can see from your photos quite a difference in distance between the original holes and the ones you made- on one side the original holes are closer than the other. Or at least thats what I see.

The washer solution is some true dope head engineering :smiley: might as well be the cause of the scrub mark on the inner gear because the stacks of washers could be different in height thus causing the motor gear axis being not perpendicular to the plane of the inner gear. This would leadt to not a line contact between the gears but more of a point contact - the POM gear will wear out sooner than it should.

Edit: I would try and get some real spacers for the motor and test if the scrubbing is still happening. also put the wheel on the axle and spin it, see if the inner gear is running concentric.

Nice drive. Didnt know u had the capability to machine such gears… Looks really nice… Only if i had similar options possible i might as well make single driven dual wheel board heh

They are made by @Kug3lis’s father with CNC, company 3DServisas

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/drivetrain/products/fatboy-inner-gear-drive-train-5-1-for-trampa

The run mark is even the whole circumference in both sweep and depth indicating running true.

The photo may not be representative & the counterbores are not as nice as the actual bolt body slots which are very clean & true, in the photo above you can see paint marks rather than gouging & looks more angled than actually is. The new counterbore ever so slighly breaches the other counterbore, but the actual bolt holes are apart, maybe I’ll get a pic on the other side when doing the other drive

Each bolt slid effortlessly through the 5mm hole and into the wheel. I can seee any deviation throughout the wheel rotation, maybe I got lucky…

Ps. I did price up a pair of replacement POM wheel gears, maybe dope head engineering but it has a chance, now to the other side.