Inner gear direct drive gearbox

Yes, the gears was milled, but I do not know the details as not me was milling them. My father is the one who is making them :slight_smile:

Most excellent!

I think it might like a little more room next to the tire though.

The tire and gear is moving together so there is no need for gap :wink:

Could you maybe ask him about the endmill size?

Does he also make the small ones, or are they normed spurs?

Everything is milled, I don’t think its only one size, as it depends on many endmills not a single one. It’s a professional machine with tool changer :wink:

I only need to know the smallest one, cause i’m a bit limited with my diy mill;)

I don’t think it will be relevant for you, as the sizes and etc depends on machine capabilities and CAM program :wink:

The smallest one is 1.2mm if it make any changes for you :wink:

It’s relevant as soon as you mill out corners (bigger endmill=bigger radius of my “corner”), and smaller tools want higher rpm;) Thank you for answering my questions.

It has to be superstar, they look great together.

I always wondered what the difficulty was making mounting hole alternative between superstar and hypa (and to a lesser extent MBS & Scrub) patterns, maybe they are too close together.

If there is a need its possible to adapt to any hub I guess :wink:

1 Like

wonder how long before we get a hub with this gear built in :slight_smile:

The radius will be too small and there will be no way to fit motor next to axial without another gear or something similar :wink:

I may be able to help with those apart from superstar which you have already of course

I mean just like the hub with the gear bolted on but as a single part :slight_smile:

Nice work,man!! I Hope your father has enough time😉I Need a pair too.

Man those are amazing! Great work! If you ever sell any please place me on second dibs behind @sebaszz

It’s too good to be installed in a small space☆

7 Likes

Cool and gear ratio 5:1 like Jenso’s full size drive, he has adapters for 80xx motors, he also has a sweet mini drive which does a 4:1

Yours don’t require mod of the trampa axle…ding ding