Info >> Surf Rodz Spacers, Axles & Bearings

Do you need new info or something? :joy:

1 Like

Surfrodz suck. I wouldn’t buy them.

8 Likes

lol!

bookmarking this content for the eLofty hanger adapter that I would like to hire you to bring into the world :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know where to find me :slight_smile:

I know it has been recommended not to use the grub screw after several people got the axle stuck and ruined the hanger.

It should be fine to use the grub screw with standard axles that have a cutout for the grub screw on the axle. Over tightening the axle may also cause the thread inside the hanger to be damaged.

But I have always had this paranoia about the front wheel falling off and me smashing my face on street. Even with lock tight. I felt 99.5% sure it was safe but the little bit of doubt bothered me when going fast. So now I have gone back to grub screws on the front wheels. The back wheels I am not so worried about, the belt will sort of hold the wheel on. Even if the wheel comes of there is a good change you can grind to halt without crashing.

The other issue I am concerned about is rust on the axle causing it to become stuck. I have a very intense wet season here and end up commuting in the rain, my axles are already a bit rusted. I put some grease on the axle but that does not totally solve the issue and makes loctite not work so good.

If anyone has seen stainless or titanium M10 shoulder bolts, please let me know. Thanks.

2 Likes

ive seen some on taobao.Check there

1 Like

Let me put that fear to rest.

I don’t use lockite, I actually use anti-seize and still the shoulder bolts have never loosened up.

2 Likes

The thing about paranoia is it does not require logic or facts. :thinking:

Anti Seize might be a good idea for the rust situation. Thanks.

6 Likes

Hi @mikenyc - any news from Mickaela ? Sent another email and nothing yet :frowning: I would be fine with just ‘no’…but there’s no reponse whatsoever.

Try messaging her on Instagram. She’s been getting back to me faster that way lately. Also when she doesn’t reply to an email don’t send another message via the same message always start a new one with a different title. Seems to grab her attention better.

1 Like

thansk @Skunk will do

1 Like

No not really. I managed to get ahold of her on the phone a few weeks ago. Sent them the truck with the stuck wheel. She confirmed it was really stuck and said that they’d try to get the wheel off, but will send me a replacement truck in the meantime. But I haven’t heard back from her since. Phone goes to a busy signal when you call

1 Like

ow… :disappointed_relieved:

Can you add custom text on SR TKPs?

Yeah. I had it done. I think it’s part of the checkout process. If you don’t see an option I think there’s a special instructions box.

I randomly ran into this while doing some googling. Surf Rodz have patent on their “hybrid” RKP truck design. But I am not really sure what the unique innovation is? I think it’s something to do with the bushing seat shape?

https://patents.google.com/patent/US9144730

2 Likes

That’s interesting. At first glance it looks like the SR RKP that is sold now.

I figured out its their hybridsz trucks that have a bushing seat that is different top to bottom so you can flip the hanger for more or less turnies.

“With a combination of Surf-Rodz patent-pending duel seat design, we offer two seats in one hanger, allowing the skater to dial in a range of bushing set ups geared toward his or her skill level.”

https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/trucks/hybridsz-full-color-kit

6 Likes

They have patents on other Surfrodz products too

Blaster lubricant is great for precision fit parts.

1 Like