Info >> Surf Rodz Spacers, Axles & Bearings

of course is was too late at that point. Ive done it before as well. Not saying I havent been in your boat though. I did the same thing usually happends when Im making something for myself or for free. lol

1 Like

I advised him upgrade front tkp indeez to tkp 177 10mm inner 80mm length axle. its angled for pumping ability. As I dont know the whole story he managed to see the board fly into a tree. Id say getting your money’s worth. why replace until its broken, and now time for him to upgrade. lol

20190404_190824 clark%20ec40

1 Like

Can we maybe have some european suppliers added to the start post? I’m not technical as IT guy, so just ordered using the links. Paying 35 euro additionally for 25dollar worth of spacers is maybe a bit too much for most :smile: , so if we could have EU sources it would benefit us. 35euro tax for spacers, 35 most likely for the bearings, 50 for the axles, … all of that just because I cant get hold of SR directly eh :smiley:

1 Like

Im not in the EU, if you wanna send me the links I’m happy add them. I believe some EU folks added links later in the thread.

F me, and it was TLDR at work :smiley: Man, I was thinking already “would these eu links be maybe inside somewhere, but reading all is going to take me too long before I need to leave office, bwaa and bearded dude would have updated the first topic eh” :blush:

edit, hour left at work, ill go over the topic and check links. Edit: no EU links, some go to ebay, but turns out US seller, or alibaba (not buying axles from ali…). @sayekim as you are into SR way earlier than me, maybe you have some EU suppliers for axles, spacers, washers, … ? Just for future EU buyers eh :slight_smile:

I got my axles from HK seller on ebay. It took the usual weeks time maybe 3 or 4 I don’t remember anymore.

You can get them from the UK sellers too or dutch shops but they are far more expensive then I was willing to pay. For dutch look for passchroef of pasbout m10x90mm of op z’n belgs pasvijs.

Spacers I have from surfrodz from my PT order that came with the trucks. But was also looking on ebay uk seller here:

I also ordered these washers.

6 Likes

Good info, good looking out.

1 Like

Thx michael! Will help the next guy (and myself when i need +80mm)

1 Like

I’m going to get some shoulder bolts from china

If anyone needs them desperately contact me and I can help

1 Like

Hey I love this thread the info is invaluable! Who out there in Esk8 land has done a mod on these SR axles so they operate like “normal” skate truck axles with the bolt on the outside? I read in another thread psychotiller is going to do this…I hate not knowing if I have tightened the bolt up hard enough without doing a scientific equation of spacer, bearing and wheel widths

I made some studs by cutting the caps off 100mm high tensile shoulder bolts and cutting an m10 thread on them. They work well so far.

3 Likes

Any of you lovely people seem something like this out there???

Surf Rods suck. The shoulder bolt is horrible. What’s the point of having a grub screw if it destroys your axle and makes it impossible to remove? I’m waiting for a wheel to fly off as I’m too scared to tighten the axle properly

I don’t think they turn all that well either if you are from a skateboard background.:sob:

You can loctite them in, and I am assuming you bought SR RKPs?

Anyone ever use spring washer, would that help? image

Its not really an issue, I personally don’t like shoulder bolts and 10mm ID bearings…

I’ve been running multiple sets for over a year. I’ve never had one come lose and ive never damaged one due to the grubs

A) don’t use grub screws Or B) remove grub before removing axle

Put a little gun oil on the threads. Will keep them from binding and make it smoother.

If you use the shoulder bolt with the divot in it, then the grub screw doesn’t destroy the axle and make it hard to remove.

Also, loctite works for keeping the shoulder bolt on if you don’t have the divot. Yes, even blue loctite. Just make sure it cures.

1 Like

I’ve got locktite on the threads. I feels like the thread is going to strip any second. I’ve lubed the shit out of the axles

Never had a problem with shoulder bolts loosening in SR trucks and I have used anti seize and grease even on the threads. Of course the bolts are properly tightened since I have the correct size spacers between my wheel bearings.