HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

I was setting up my motor and without any drama ESCape stopped working. No sign of life except DRV chip and one component next to it are getting hot. I assume that DRV is dead. Can you guys recommend someone that can bring my board back to life?

@Martinsp maybe

@JohnnyMeduse

2 Likes

Thank you guys. I PMed.

1 Like

Hi guys, I just want to let you know that JF aka. JohnnyMeduse fixed my Escape and he is absolute pro. IMHO he is the best man for the job.

8 Likes

Would those who have dual escapes in their boards stick with them over a unity?

I know one is two single escs, thats not my point, im just asking if you would change or not :slight_smile:

I have yet to use mine on more than one ride. If it proves to be reliable to me I will ride them untill they break. Iā€™ll try a unity after that if that proves to be reliable.

2 Likes

Well if you ever have two you want to get rid of because your unity is too cool, Iā€™ll take them :smile:

I wouldnā€™t change them. Unity is prolly not ready before 2024 at enertions pace and by then there is prolly something else new out there :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

all right :sweat_smile::sob:

x2 :rofl:

1 Like

Need two physically separate ESCs, so Unity bundled ESC canā€™t do for me :laughing: so Iā€™ll stick with my ESCapes too haha

2 Likes

Hi people. There are any news about the resumption of sales ESCape?

Donā€™t think so

I have two ESCapeā€™s from the last batch. Is there an issue with them that needs to be fixed or is this just an isolated case? Was considering getting a Unity and selling the ESCapeā€™sā€¦

@ethel might buy your escapes if you decide to sell them? Heā€™s stateside too.

1 Like

Well Iā€™d prefer to keep them, unless they have some issue Iā€™d need to get fixed like @SpeedyGonzales had. If that was just an isolated incident then Iā€™m happy to keep mine, but if thereā€™s am issue that Iā€™ll need to get fixed, then Iā€™d prefer to get a Unity. I have both enclosures for the ESCapeā€™s also; one dual, and two singles.

I sudgest to use them and find out ^^

1 Like

Good idea, lol :smile:

Or sell them to me.

Hey, I accidentally put 5V across VCC, and now isnā€™t detected by either an ST Link or Black Magic Probe. I looked at all the schematics and most components should be at least 5V tolerant, but the MCU is definitely toast. Is it worth ordering a new STM32F405 and replace it, or do I need to get a new VESC?