How to make a chain shorter

I am wondering which tools you use or how you shorten the chain for your chain driven boards. I cannot find any specific tool for iso6b chains. And I am not sure the tool for bicycles (forgot the tool name) will work (forgot the tool name) with an iso6b chain…

1 Like

you need to use a Dremel, super easy and quick.

1 Like

I use this one image

2 Likes

Isn’t there some type of ‘derive chaine’ for iso6b? I don’t need to cut the chain only need to make the right size to fit the wheel and chain sprockets.

1 Like

Is it initially for meant for bikes? Does it work with iso6b chains?

A’d where did you buy it?

Chain link remover tool

1 Like

Will try to find the link again. It works for me with iso 06b chains. If you just need to shorten it I would use a dremel too. Probably faster.

1 Like

A bit triggy in the beginning but than it works easy.

3 Likes

Oumers Universal Bike Chain Tool with Chain Hook, Road and Mountain Bicycle Chain Repair Tool, Bike Chain Splitter Cutter Breaker, Bicycle Remove and Install Chain Breaker Spliter Chain Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0179JC31I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_N62oCb08ME493

2 Likes

You win ‎

Your faster :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

OK thanks guys, will look it up. I should receive my 12s6p battery Wednesday. The only things I still need to do is mount the motors and make the chain to the right size.ill know what tool to us know.

You have chain links to connect the chain after you made them the right size?

Yes, I do. At least I think so. Need to double check. But maybe @okp can confirm as I bought the chains from him.

1 Like

I‘m sure he sent them with. I had them also in my order :wink:

OK perfect. I am so impatient to finish this built!

1 Like

yeah always. Now I pack most of the stuff myself and triple check the quality and assembly. I usually also put more stuff than required to enhance the experience.

1 Like

Yeah , i am fully confident when ordering from Unikboards .Always helpful , kind and only selling quality parts. I started esk8 because i saw vids of @okp and @Nowind about a year ago. In the meantime i’ve build at least 3 boards . I am finishing my Trampa (hopefully this week) and just ordered a Kut thaka to electrify this summer :slight_smile: Loaded-Kut-thaka-deck-only-4_large Loaded-Kut-thaka-deck-only-2_large Any idea if i could fit a 10s3p on this deck? I think the wheelbase is about 44cm which looks rather small to fit a 10s3p , a dual motor config and 2 vescs…

1 Like

ask @Eboosted about it. I think he even just finished an enclosure for it.

1 Like