How many drone people here?

If the location is picked well, it’s not illegal at all. If you plan to sell the footage or make money from it or its for your business you have a different set of problems and need to look up regulations from the FAA called part 107…but it’s easy to do and find a pilot for even commercial purposes in America…I have friends if anyone is interested in professional work, but I prefer to fly for fun…same with my skating…

I’m in Sf squishy. how about riding all over san Francisco at midnight chasing my board? I’ll try to lose you from one end of the city to the other. If you would do it I would. twin peaks would get some nice shots too. maybe a small enough drone and no one will notice. get a couple riders. I’m sure others would be interested. you with the googles on the back of a hybrid bike ridden by someone else and you could keep up. just a pic of you on the back of the bike with the googles would be a nice shot.

1 Like

We can talk about it tomorrow if you’re going on that golden gate ride…there’s not many good locations for such an adventure in SF but in norcal, sure…all over…

I guess it’s pretty illegal to do the city. Late at night with the well lit streets it would be great.

Damn just flew my racing quad and crashed it into some wet grass works okay but now when I hit a certain point on my remote it makes a weird sound Does not do anything to the flight though

Please do not do this in any major city with an airport nearby. It’s a great way to get shit even more restrictive for us rc pilots and get into some big trouble with law enforcement.

2 Likes

I’ve been mesmerized by FPV wings for some time now… Looks more chilling than quadcopter FPV (though the quads are amazing, specially for shooting sessions with circular traveling etc)

Theoretically if you have a drone weighting less than 300gr you might be able to use it in city without much sweat legally.

1 Like

Finished the wiring. Didn’t realize the issue I would have with wiring such a pain.

Flying over roads is illegal and flying after dusk for that matter

The Drone People are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers.

I’m having trouble with my motors starting up and continuing to speed up even when my throttle is off.

Problem: I would throttle up and then down, do this twice and then maybe 3rd or 4th time the 1 or 2 motors would speed up as if my throttle was full but its not. Any idea?

Just found this thread, yah I finally get to boast about my quad! Ive been working on this baby for a while and entirely rebuilt it 3 times because the second time I soldered my XT60 on backwards and blew everything :expressionless: Its based around the Martian II 220 Frame from Banggood (Most things are from BG) and is my main racing quad. The entire part list can be found HERE, but the main components are a RunCam Swift Rotor Riot Edition FPV Cam, Kakute F4 AIO FC, Racerstar 2205 Motors as well as RC 20A ESC’s, FlySky X6B RX and KingKong Props. I also have a 3D Printed mount for my Yi 4K Action Camera which is an awesome cam btw and has held up very well through a few crashes. For a transmitter im just using a FlySky FS-i6 upgraded to 10 channels and for goggles im using the Eachine EV800’s which are awesome goggles with great battery life and the ability to remove the face cover to either mount on a tripod or hold for multiple people viewing. Do mind its a little beat up cause it recently crashed head on into a car bumper, but only broke a blade a real testament to the frames strength. The purple braided sleeving around the ESC’s on the arms is probably my favorite feature about the quad as it looks just gorgeous and covers up the wires extremely well while also protecting them. I got the idea from some YouTuber using blue sleeving though I don’t remember and cant find anything about it but if anyone knows let me know. The rear light bar is an awesome addition which also includes a beeper which helps a lot with finding the thing. I have the LED’s setup to change the bottom row color depending on battery life and the top row just flashes back and forth across. For vibration isolation this quad meets pretty much every criteria and is a bit overkill lol. I have isolation on the motor mounts with 3D printed TPU spacers, I have flight controller mount isolators and last but not least the coolest feature of the FC the onboard foam MPU isolation which you can clearly see on the product page. To be honest I cant tell if the isolation helps at all because it feels about the same as when I didnt have anything on my Eachine Wizard, but who knows. Pics below!

2 Likes

Nice bio. Most of my parts are from banggood also. I bought a all-in-one clf4 raving flight controller and 4x each 30A esc My build is based on the lisam-210

1 Like

I’m having issues here.

I can’t figure out why it’s happening.

Hmmm are the motors all spinning in the correct direction and do you have the proper oriented blades on the right motors? Also have you calibrated the accelerometer in Betaflight or whatever software your using.

I’m using betaflight. So I rotated my board clockwise 90°. I changed that option in the board and sensor alignment box. I changed Yaw to be CW 90°. All the motors are spinning backwards. When I make it go forwards it wants to go left.

Even when I click reverse motors it still spins the same way. Maybe its not saving… :confused:?

I have a few of those…lol. the alien is my favorite… It’s almost a classic now…

1 Like

All your motors are spinning backwards? They should be spinning like this,

1 Like

Yes, I did rotate the FC so it faces 90 CW from straight. I chaged that in the YAW i believe? But does pitch and roll have to be changed also?