How many drone people here?

No thats not what im talking about, im talking about the direction the motors are spinning like in the picture above. And did you calibrate your accelerometer in the setup tab?

It sounds like you just have your controls reverse in the radio you can reverse any channel in the radio

on my radio? hmmm will have to look into that.

Iā€™m working on 3d printing one to take video of my esk8 but I need all the help in the world lol

Edit: no I havenā€™t figured it out, I thought maybe if I rotated the propellers then it would fly, but that was wrong.

I think when I did the rotation of the board I went to change the angle. I entered 90 when I probably should have entered 270? Iā€™m gonna have to see if that could have been the problem.

My motors are marked the same as the picture:

this is confusing me now,

That is how my FC should be setup.

So this is what my quad looks like:

Everything is rotated 90 degrees CW also motors should be reversed.

Same, I enjoy flying FPV multirotors :grinning:

1 Like

Yep. used to have a massive F550 but sold it and am currently flying a 5 inch Helix and 220 martian II

such a blast to fly

If your fc is in the position the arrow shows. it should he set at 90. the motor numbers never change. Camera is front. Arm your quad without props and hold it down and gently touch your finger to the top of each motor and see how it spins. it should spin like the diagram shows. otherwise dowbload Bheli of chrome. and you can change how the motors spin their. Also go to the radio tab and check that its regonizing the signals correctly

You can pm me if that doesnā€™t work

So I used Betaflight to rearrange the motors using the ā€œresource listā€ command in the cli. I moved the motors around. So now the numbering was correct, but the motors were spinning in the wrong direction. I then went into cleanflight, reversed all the ESCā€™s so now the motors are in the correct position and spinning in the correct direction. :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m also working on finishing my F550 hexacopter! Iā€™ve got a small Storm32 gimbal onboard which holds my Yi 4K camera and I plan to do some aerial cinematography with it. I use to have a Phantom 3 Pro which was an awesome drone but I no longer have it so I decided to build one myself.

1 Like

Can someone point me in the right direction to a kit/drone thatā€™s fairly small and can follow with a :camera:

What do you mean? Like a drone that can follow you with a camera like DJIā€™s active tracking? If so then Iā€™d say the DJI Mavic is your best choice, maybe the Spark but Mavic is better. If you just want like a racing drone with a camera the Eachine Wizard Kit is good, though Iā€™d recommend just building one from scratch, cheapest and best option.

Mavic would probably be the way to go, however do keep an eye out on GoProā€™s Karma, it may be on sale in the next few weeks/months.

Lol they will be on sale but not for good reasons :yum:

They are only selling them on sale to get rid of them, they are (from reviews) top 5 in the drone market. Theyā€™re only losing money is why they want to leave the market.

So the gopro is actually a good product? I donā€™t care if something is necessarily popular. Brand loyal Iā€™m not.

Also sorry about my intentional vaguenessā€¦I wanted to see what answers I would getā€¦also are there any beginner drones that would be good to make sure I enjoy the hobby before throwing down a bunch of cash? Is there a DIYelectricskateboard of drones? Where they sell plug and play kits?

Well since they had to recall the whole first production I canā€™t say I trust them to make a reliable enough drone, they shouldā€™ve stuck with cameras