Higher precision bearings (Beta/Testing Stage)

I find I still need speed rings even with built in spacer bearings. Makes my set up easier but I know it’s not for everyone.

Hi Briman I would like to try a good set of this bearings, I’m testing a couple from Ali, they are cheap as f, but they don’t last more than week or 2, AXK is the brand. Could you please check price for 6810 2RS? I want like 4 pieces, just for science !! P.s this are the back bearing from the raptor 2. I’m in EU. Thanks :slight_smile:

@Surfer you mean 608 or 6801. Also would you want hybrids or did you want or 52100 steel? And where in EU are you

I just check the Verinent web and it looks like they don’t work with this measures 6810 is 65x50x7mm I don’t mind to pay extra for a good bearing, but it looks more exotic hybrids :slight_smile: Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

65mm that is a huge bearing.

Yes they are big, can you recommend a good brand quality/price to get some of this huge beauties?

I don’t know of any as that is not a standard type bearing.

Thanks anyway, I will try a reputable brand since Ali crap doesn’t last :smile::muscle:

For 10mm bearings they don’t have an option for heavy contact seals but they do have the the light contact. They would be about $60 for an 8 set.

2 Likes

Hey Briman! Could you please check it, I find available the front bearing of the raptor 2. In the Verinent site 15x28x7 mind you to check for a set of 4? Maybe 8 depends on price :joy::joy: Thanks in advance! Anyway will not be before Christmas :sweat_smile:

They do have them. Without shipping it would be about 60 for 8 I would need a postal code to get your more accurate shipping.

1 Like

If ur bearings are dying from exposure to water why not get stainless steel

Gob of grease in the palm of your hand then use the bearing to ‘eat’ it, dem headraces. Would I be wrong in thinking they are not rated for high speed though?

On motorbikes I’ve only ever seen them on frame parts never wheels or high speed engine components

Stainless actually isn’t as strong as the steel used for bearings. The steel the non hybrid bearings use is 51200 which is used for knife making

I know it’s not as strong but u can get stainless cheap. An easy cheap option vs ceramic at like 6x as much if not more. And even if u get hybrid ceramic if they’re using chrome steel it still can rust.

Update: I had that esk8 apart for maintenance the other day and this is what they currently are looking like

20190203_152422%20(copy)

Still spinning free and no play or wobbles

3 Likes

Definitely have seen some good use how many miles do you think you have on them now?

It’s hard to say, really. It’s also complicated because if it’s wet and/or icy or snowy, I am far more likely to grab this specific board, so most of the miles are bad miles LoLz

Maybe 100 wet and icy miles and a few hundred dry miles?

1 Like

I most recent conversation with the engineer revealed the type of grease they use for the bearings and that not only do they carry the 608 size bearings but also 10mm for surf rodz and bearings that would fit in the trampa hubs

I think we might have some news here somewhat soon. I hear a clicking sound. A sound I’m familiar with that means “You have a bearing about to go out, yo”

But I haven’t taken it apart, so don’t know any more information yet.

Still riding it

4 Likes