Head injuries with helmets

They wont charge you if you die in the gutter they will charge your family while they are still grieving

1 Like

I had a mild concussion after my fall but didnt have any headache or any symptoms till later at night. I went to bed and the next day my wife told me I should go to the doctor. Turned out I did have a concussion and fractured of a rib on my left side. Didn’t know about the ribs until I sneezed and felt a pop a week later so definitly kept track of what hurts when you first fell and what hurts several days later.

1 Like

Yeah I’m super sore right now I’ll look out for any weird pains.

wow, lets see some pics of that helmet… also even though it’s a snowboard helmet it still offered enough protection to save you from a worse brain injury. thank that helmet, it may have saved your life… the reason why most deaths happen when talking about head trauma is that whiplash you mentioned.

scary stuff…

but it’s probably time to invest in a better helmet with jaw protection that won’t break off on impact, and more curved edges for smoother impacts. (tsg pass)

Yeah you will be for close to a week. However since you had full armor on it may be quicker I didn’t have any armor besides a brain bucket helmet. The road rash was probably the worst minus the ribs cause my shirts kept getting stuck in the scabs

1 Like

The helmet held up well it’s a bit gouged I’ll take pics when I go to my car it’s still in the back lol.

I had a TSG pass and I loved it I will get another one.

5 Likes

Jlabs mentioned doing another group buy. Think after the new year tho.

3 Likes

I don’t think its because of the helmet size or something. Itz just the way your head hits the road and you will be immediately dead even by the force against your head or you just fucking break your neck. There is no guarantee you will survive a crash just because of a helmet, it just minimizes injures but doesn’t really save you when everything gets out of control.

Dear pilgrim, all best wishes man…hopefully you are fine soon. Peace

Hey guys I’ve been feeling better I’m just always sleepy but I’m doing well. So looking at my board I think I found the cuplrit

20181019_161305

Looks like the receiver plug is too long and has the wires rubbing on the deck.

20181019_161314

I think I will solder the receiver wires directly to the pins so that way there is no clearance issues.

4 Likes

The receiver and it’s connection has caused the majority of my injuries

3 Likes

Yup just confirmed it. I wiggle the connector and wires while I hold full throttle and the signal cuts out

1 Like

20181019_170045

Won’t happen again. Just another reminder to always check your work.

4 Likes

I had planned on using a dab of silicone to hold mine in place. Im still learning soldering. Not sure im ready to do so on my focbox itself.

If I was you I would check that’s xt90 connector and the rest of the build… Bare cables showing off ,:slight_smile: it’s not a confidence builder :frowning:

Sorry if I sounded rude, but we all know that when we are near finishing the build we get a bit sloppy from the eagerness to try the board :slight_smile:

1 Like

That plug is nothing to worry about the insulation just moved back a bit when I moved the wire. When it’s in place the insulation doesn’t move but I’ll put a drop of hot glue on it just in case.

Ya mine were barely connected when I first got them and my buddy ripped them off thinking I would be mad… lol soldered now :blush:

I’m not worried,it’s on your board:) hahaha

The Focbox has wires coming out of the PCB already this isn’t needed but this is an old Vesc X

1 Like

Good idea bro…same happened to me (wire problem)…no injuries though :). Have a good rest. Glad that nothing bad happen

Helmet is a must for this hobby…

1 Like