Head injuries with helmets

So I’m always fully geared when I ride I wear a motorcycle jacket, RuRoc helmet and knee/shin pads. Last night I got a throttle cut out during a full throttle test as I was leaning forward and I came off bad slamming the side of my helmet on the ground like a whip.

My gear protected me I have no road rash at all but even though I was wearing a helmet I have had a massive head ache since last night when I fell.

At what point should I say okay I should see a doctor now?

3 Likes

Before you go to sleep!!! Might be a concussion

11 Likes

Usually immediately. The brain isn’t anything to wait on. Even if it’s just to be cautious.

4 Likes

I actually stayed up didn’t go to bed at all cause I was worried about a concussion. Maybe that’s contributing to my feeling off right now.

4 Likes

Go see a doctor my friend!! I’m sorry to hear about your fall.

3 Likes

GO TO THE DOCTOR

NOW

Stupid software. Yes, its a complete sentence.

4 Likes

Thanks guys you are right I’m gonna leave my job early and head to the doctor’s I’ll keep you guys updated.

13 Likes

Good.

I was listening to a show about concussions and brain injuries last night. Shit is no joke.

2 Likes

Thanks @Battosaii , I’m SO glad you had your helmet on! Imagine the headache otherwise

2 Likes

I fell just as hard in my TSG pass and it didn’t hurt like this maybe the RuRoc doesn’t provide as much protection as the TSG. Well time to order a new helmet lol

3 Likes

Always wear my helmet we have lost too many good communtiy members due to no helmet :frowning:

5 Likes

They pay for themselves first time!

3 Likes

Eh, depends. It still costs nearly 5K here in the states for a quick head scan after a concussion, I know first hand. A helmet definitely helps though.

Dibs on your fastest board!

3 Likes

Very true Heath care can easily put you in debt for the rest of your life.

NEVER! I’m still building my fastest board.

2 Likes

Not if your in Canada!!!

9 Likes

or anything that’s not the US…

3 Likes

We have good fast health care but it will cost you lol

I’d rather have expensive health care then none I do have insurance but deductibles have gone too crazy levels since Obamacare went into effect.

4 Likes

Good luck! hope you feel better!

1 Like