Head injuries with helmets

That’s just crazy, your health should not be held to ransom in 2018 by a medical system :expressionless:

2 Likes

Nah man, we live in the land of Freedom… right?

7 Likes

Feel better bro, migraines are some symptoms so go check…

1 Like

Free to die in the gutter, but I’m sure someone will charge you for that. :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

Only if you have the money to pay for that freedom.

1 Like

Pretty damn much.

And most importantly…hope you feel better and that everything comes out negative…in a positive way lol

3 Likes

Damn… Right there shows why we wear full face helmets! Because with electronics you never know.

Glad you are ok man. Definitely didn’t want to read another type of story.

Any reason on why you had a throttle cut out?

2 Likes

Haven’t had the chance to inspect the board yet, I’m going to go over every single connection and going to redo both Vesc set up just in case I missed something.

1 Like

Ive had over a dozen concussions. Sometimes its obvious sometimes it’s just a weird lingering feeling. Just go in. Ive had falls where I thought i cracked my skull and no concussion, and ive had falls i laughed off and later forgot what day of the week it was and where i lived. ( I actually skateboard all the way to my old apartment where my ex lived. We had been apart 9 months) If you have to ask. Just go.

3 Likes

Derek went to the hospital and released n then died days later and improperly diagnosed. Maybe u need an MRI or cat scan of the head to know for sure.

4 Likes

Regardless of helmets when you impact the brain moves inside your skull man. This is what is dangerous. Best be safe than sorry. On topic for me right now as the idiot(my eldest boy) has just come out after fracturing his skull falling off my evo. The cracked noggin was the least worrying aspect as far as the hospital was concerned. The brain swelling due to movement was the concerning factor and he has to be monitored every 3 days at outpatients to be sure of no recurring issues. Get in there sunshine and be sure!! Stay safe Dude.

4 Likes

Yes waiting is one of the worst things you can do with concussions, so is screens so you might want to limit your forum time for a couple days :frowning_face:

get it checked out, bud. I cracked a Bell, felt ok but just had a little brown-out… the next weekend I had a brown out doing pull-ups, fell again.

hard thing to admit for any person, but no matter how I try today, I do not feel steady when the wind starts buffeting my torso, even on the new Evo. Danielle says I look rock steady.

1 Like

All this brain injury talk scares me silly, making me want to go slow everywhere :turtle: :sleepy: :sleeping: :turtle:

I have not had a concussion for like 15 years back when I was into freestyle BMX.

Maybe larger helmets would help. More padding for the brain. :laughing: image

7 Likes

umhummm but later she tells her girlfriends something else.

5 Likes

LMAO10char

2 Likes

@Battosaii any updates? how you feel today? what the doctors said?

hope you well man!

Thanks for the concern guys. I am the okay but I do have a mild concussion I just need to rest that means no group ride I had planned this Sunday ;(

8 Likes

there will be a lot of group rides you can get on… have your rest man! good to hear you do well (more or less)

3 Likes