Hazard > Hummie Deck & Hubbs, x2 FocBox, 12s4p 30Q (charge only) battery, Hoyt Puck remote

What’s the acceleration like compared to your other boards?

1 Like

I typically use a throttle curve to control the acceleration. I am in this instance as well. It’s smooth, but different than a belt drive.

I really need more ride time before I can reliably compare it to belt drive, gear drive, etc.

2 Likes

Dear Mr Bearded Angel,

Just wondering what it would take for you to give up your day job?

Do you take trade-ins? :wink:

Beautiful build mate…can @sender fly a drone with camera or vice versa…

2 Likes

It would take a lot for me to give up my day job, I make pretty good money :grinning:.

Next time me and sender ride Im taking the drone my secret Santa sent me and getting lots if video. Prolly take multiple boards too.

10 Likes

Hell yeah! We will rip it up!

3 Likes

There’s that Hummie deck GB right now and this build is making me consider ‘do I really need the only 100£ I’ve got saved right now?’

7 Likes

I love my hummie deck. Not alot of decks out there built with esk8 in mind. I know mmaner has more than one.

8 Likes

We all love our @Hummie decks…:heart_eyes: 100£ saved already your good to go…:+1:

Sender and mmaner ripping it up…Yeah Baby!!!

With a couple of strafing runs thrown in hahaha

I’ll even buy a copy…lol

4 Likes

You must have a room filled with your boards cause it seems like you are always building. How is that Luna switch. I saw it and that it could be a good switch figuring a ebike would pull more amps than a board.

I have a stack of decks and boxes of parts, it’s a little ridiculous :grinning:.

I had high hopes for the luna AS switch, but I had 1 die on me the other day. I have pretty much given up in AS switches, I rely on XT90-S loop keys for the most part.

2 Likes

Headlights, hell yeah :grinning: IMG_20181122_092509_1542902402035

A pic of her in the wild. IMG_20181122_092516_1542902432880

20 Likes

Loop keys don’t fail or atleast at a lot less of a rate. I like the look of a button or switch but I want reliability. Maybe the unity will change that just have to wait and see what everyone says

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. Loop keys wear out but they rarely fail. I like the ease of an actual seitch and the backlit switches look cool. But as an industry we just aren’t there yet unfortunately.

1 Like

Have you tried the BKB AS switch? They will be on sale for BF and they have an instant replace warranty… Wonder how good they are.

P. S. @mmaner please remember to print my xt90 pieces! :grimacing:

1 Like

You guys have to stop doing these hummie based builds, makes me want one, that grip tape is sick, really like the contradiction in that, the stealthiest build possible wire a really eye catching design

Looking forward to the telemetry with the hubs, did you do any range test?

6 Likes

I haven’t but I will, they look good. I’m printing them now, the panel mount is done :grinning:.

2 Likes

Thanks, I thought the grip came out well too :grinning:.

3 Likes

I’ve never done a bushing setup that was perfect the 1st time, but I think this may be it.

IMG_20181122_170923_1542928704032

Board Side Front > Riptide Krank 96a Barrel Street Side Front > Riptide APS 92.5a Cone Board Side Rear > Riptide Krank 96a Barrel Street Side Rear > Riptide Krank 93a Barrel

I used a cupped washer on rear board side, flat washer on rear street side, cupped washers front both sides.

It’s incredibly carvy, like TKP carvy. I only got to mph in this run but there was no sign of wobble. I’ll hit some smooth asphalt tomorrow or Saturday when I’m all padded up and can peg the throttle and get some metrics.

@Alphamail do you see anything that could be better, wrong or that needs changing?

9 Likes

Thank you, just ramp up your speed progressively to get used to the new dynamics and let me know if you are having any issues.

2 Likes

I want to see ‘follow me’ drone footage of you and @Sender doing your esk8 aerial dogfight display, goggles and all

7 Likes