Hazard > Hummie Deck & Hubbs, x2 FocBox, 12s4p 30Q (charge only) battery, Hoyt Puck remote

Another coffee break masterpiece? Really excited about those hubs. As always a flawlessly presented board.

2 Likes

I wish, I’ve been building this board for months :grinning:. Thank you though.

2 Likes

I’m gonna read the rest of the thread later but wth. 35mph on 12s? I’m running 13s voltage and barely tickle 30. Is my pack weak sauce? :frowning:

I think @Winfly was also stuck at 30mph on 13s4p 30q.

Did you get a special wind or something?

Thanks for posting, lovely.

1 Like

no special wind, just surface and settings I guess. Ive got my battery max at 60a on both FocBox’s, and charge only BMS.

I really should read before posting more but, that’s 30a per cell? Are you acttually pulling that much? Cray cray :slight_smile: theortically my pack’s specs say 140a burst. I might have to try, for science.

I dont think so, prolly 20’ish, but I’d have to look at the logs to be sure. Ill do some more testing this weekend and post the results, but she be fassssssst :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Awesome job on this man it looks amazing :smiley: I think this is the last straw for me… I need a 12s hummie build

1 Like

I appreciate it. I would encourage anyone to get hummie hubbs. I actually did the math.

x2 motors = $180.00 x2 motor mounts = $120.00 x2 motor pulleys = $10.00 x4 belts (x2 extras) = $12.00 x2 wheel pulleys = $60.00 x1 wheels (x4) = $80.00 x1 trucks (x2) = $50.00 Total = $512.00 + Shipping

This is just average to low end pricing on the individual components, not even close to the quality you CAN get. Hummie Hubbs are actually economical, especially for the quality.

12 Likes

itd be nice to see what kv they are on the bldc tool. there was a bit of variance but it could only come from the rotor side as the stator side is like a clone at 9 turns on each motor. maybe a bit less glue giving a bigger airgap, or magnets a bit overhanging the stator teeth, I wonder.

2 Likes

I’ll get that data next I’m I have the enclosure off. I’ll probably do some tuning Friday, so likely then.

1 Like

It’s true but the price needs to be higher. $500 is about the cost, and that’s with free labor.

5 Likes

Great build. Loves the grip tape. I only taped the front and back where I put my feet. And the CF glossy in the middle looks gorgeous.

Are you sure you hit 35? I checked the kv last week, it’s on spec 75kv ish. 13s put me at 32mph top at 52-53v haven’t went full throttle at full charge yet. Would be nice to see some telemetry.

Wheels are definitely great. I would say I have put on 2-300 miles, no chip at square edge at all.

So you are at -20 batt min for brake? I’m @ -12 and they are strong as hell. I get wobble and thrown ofd if I full brake at speed. On the other hand. I recommend switching custom bushings and pivot cup. The stock ones are too soft.

I think I need to raise the prices on components…Is that what you’re saying?

6 Likes

You prolly should, just weed out the ass hats :grinning:

4 Likes

Wait. You have $50 trucks, $80 wheels and motors under $200 a set? :thinking: :grin:

5 Likes

Who me? Check with “thewheelcompany”

5 Likes

I’m relying on telemetry, but it felt like 35 :grinning:.

I still had throttle left. I wasn’t watching the speed, that’s the top speed reported by the app.

I wonder what the difference is? -12 is usually where I start testing at, that was so light it was scary for me. I assumed it would be close and had to foot brake down hill at 20 mph :grinning:.

Yeah, I usually spend a couple of weeks dialing in my bushings. It’s been awhile since I’ve ridden Paris 195s but I still like them, way more that C2s.

That 35 could be from you spinning it with motors off the ground. it reads 36-37 for me when I do that. I guess I have never tested full brake at 20mph down a hill lol. That sounds hella dangerous to me.

I don’t really do that, I’m not a fan of bench tests or letting motors run crazy, always a load.

At -20 my brakes are pretty good, gradual and not locked. At -12 it barely slowed.

I’m thinking my kv may be higher, that might account for the speed. The @Ackmaniac so is reporting 88kv for the motor attached to the FOC box I have the BT module on. I’ll check it in the VESC tool later this week.

Hmm. Maybe you got a rare one.