HAYA HB92 Integrated Deck

I plan to finish mine, I can totally do without varnish. As much as I’d love a sender CF layer, I ain’t got the money I think but I do have a few cans of my preferred coating :sunglasses:

1 Like

Plan to vanish mine myself also.

2 Likes

are you planning on making one with a drop?

1 Like

I really would like, I have some mockups, but we would need to invest some bunch of extra time that we sadly dont have right now (Masters Thesis etc… :confused: )

Im quite happy with the actual state of the HB92, I‘ll keep on working slowly on other potential models.

5 Likes

masters thesis? drop out!!! :wink:

1 Like

Haha, sure :wink:

2 Likes

yeeeaaaahhhh dropout club! I dropped out and look where I am now :sunglasses:

:cry:

(jokes)

8 Likes

I finished my Bachelor’s AND Masters and look at where I am now :cry:

3 Likes

Same 10 char

2 Likes

Me want

Big update

No whammy

No whammy

Pls

1 Like

What type of fabric is this on the last pic? Kr

1 Like

Production update: (we are running a bit behind schedule because of the shitty weather this week + making 60 instead of 30 also takes more time)

• All decks received 2 varnish coats and a consecutive sanding of the interior
  • We corrected the lid hole position to match the contour of the CNC’d holes and now we are waiting for them to be produced. Expected in 1-2 weeks according to our personal experience with them. Till then all the rest of the production steps should be finished.
  • We epoxied the threaded inserts of almost all the decks (until we run out of inserts)
  • Sanding of the backside has started today, after that the decks will receive 3-4 varnish coats, the last one being a harder anti scratch bi-component acrylic polyurethane one.
  • I visited the metal polishing/finishing shop of the father on one of my friends and we decided to machine-sand all the lids to obtain a more professional looking finish
  • After the lids are sanded we plan on applying a matte/satin protective automotive clear coat
  • We ordered stainless steel bolts (same type as the black ones) for those who want a all-metal raw finish of the lid.

Changes:

• In order to ease production, making the machine sanding of the lid possible and reducing the final price the alu lid will cover the entire top surface. We believe this will also help to water-proof even better since the lid covers the entirety of the top surface. (will post pics soon)
  • The trucks will be mounted beneath the lid. Accessing the internal components will remain easy.
  • We planed to sell the deck like a DIY kit but we decided against it. Some of the production steps such as epoxying the inserts and applying the gasket to the lid (no chance of error) can be a bit too tricky for the final builder. This means that we will rise the price of the deck form 150€ to 160€ (190€ for European customers because of 19% german TAX). We hope this is understandable considering the extra work.
  • All decks will have a silk screen printed logo (same as the last time) in dark-Gray (probably with a metallic accent mixed into the paint). If you don’t want a logo please inform me as soon as possible.

If you got any extra questions I will be happy to offer further assistance

Best, Mathias

7 Likes

Can’t wait! What did you decide on the thickness of the lid?

1.5mm (original one was 1.2mm but we could not find any in stock, and ordering an entire pallet was too expensive). 1mm feels to flimsy (can be done but only being really careful)

3 Likes

I like the idea of 1.5mm, one of the reasons i wanted to use a different lid was because previous pictures showed the lid screws bending into the lid. Gonna make it hard for me to choose now, lol

It is a custom satin fabric.

Also…

23 Likes

Man I can’t wait for the Haya now… I can, I have to, but gah sweet update Mathias!

@Sender how much for a skin again? That is too sexy right there.

1 Like

Varies wildly depending on what all is done to it and materials selected.

But, not cheap unfortunately. You don’t want to know how many hours went into this bad boy, lol.

But in the 175-250 range typically

4 Likes

I believe that the new shape can be draped a bit easier :wink:

Absolutely stunning finish!

4 Likes

Ooooo nice! That is great news!

1 Like