Has anyone made their own ebike?

Endless-sphere has a lot of bike projects. They use somewhat different parts. Its often like 16s, with a giant ESC capable of 100A continuous, stuff that we typically dont use because a) it wont fit on the board and b) most of us dont actually want that much power on a skateboard for traction/safety reasons.

2 Likes

I just started to order parts for an eeb build. Hyped as fuck but it’s an expencive build… I’ve also seen that dude build hes bikes. Very temted to cnc some parts for a more regular ebike, and use a spare focbox and other eskate parts for it. IMG_20180917_163653

5 Likes

Yeah I would only use esk8 parts for it. Since i already know how they work and don’t mind designing/cnc parts to make it work

And I wish I had a bike right now. I hate people who steal bikes

3 Likes

Do consider upgrading the motor though, 25 mph is much less exciting on a bike than on a board. This monster is like 1.5x a typical 6374.

1 Like

Yeah eventually I will but 25mph is as fast as a car goes in most parts of my town/city

And this guy is either lying or speed can be good

Tell me about it! Fucking had my semi new bike stolen when I left it outside P.O for 40 sec!

Damn thats quick.

My bike got stolen after 6months at a pub :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:joy: haha that still sucks

Yeah I think 30mph/50kph is possible with a 6374

1 Like

Oh yeah, its definitely possible. I have my board geared to 25 mph with a single 6374, and it has enough torque to easily climb the hills around here in the Bay Area. You can calculate how much torque you’ll get at the wheel, and how much acceleration it’ll be capable of, it’s an exercise worth doing. Also, you should consider your battery solution. A lot of people here like to use 18650 cells, but the whole point of a 6374 is the 75A that it should be capable of, which would require at LEAST a 4p configuration. Not sure what kind of range you’re going for, but if 4p is too much/heavy, consider hobby lipos. Then again, it’s easier to fit a giant battery pack on a bike than on a board, so if you dont mind the weight and cost, a 12s6p pack would get you a LOT of range, and weigh much less than comparable capacity packs in other formats.

1 Like

Since weight is not a real issue and space is also not an issue you could also think about other battery formats which are more cost efficient.

Lead-Acid!

Yeah i dont mind what batteries

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61608 some cells here are suitable, he used to sell perfect ones for this but I assumed he sold them all

1 Like

I have been building my baby lately to get me around town. Slowly progressing in the right direction. Running a Trampa VESC 6 now and 16s1p Headway 15ah with 80a max batt and 120a max motor. With sensors, it’s very good up until about 15 mph where I am getting some chatter. Think I need to use retaining fluid on the bearing and bearing shafts like eskate hub motors since I have some rattle since I took it apart last week.

1 Like

he still sells, i looked at his last post from today and it looks like his first post is still up to date.

Peaked at 3800 watts so far. It’s very fun to ride.

IMG_2847 56014679746__6D1E4A46-940F-4C53-B7FD-82B24847C17A 56014677244__4F438A03-E276-48B6-86EF-9DA5E6FD8289

“thick” 10 char

1 Like

oh yea. It’s just under 1 kilowatt of power! If I eco moded it, I could do an easy 40-50 miles. But the way I ride it, I’m lucky to get 10 miles, haha.

Simple charging, just 1 xt90 loop key for power, and 1 xt90 for charging with the meanwell 12a beast! So full charge is just over an hour. These cells literally balance themselves if left in a close enough range, and I’ve had no issue in over 700 miles so far with cells becoming un-balanced.

1 Like

What battery? Never heard of it

Yeah he still sells but not the cell I wanted