Has anyone made their own ebike?

Just wondering. There’s this guy who made one and it uses a lot of parts I already have (vesc,6374. other things)

The second one I’m in love with. Need to do more research, its a shame bikes get stolen so easily. That’s what happened to my regular bike a couple years back

6 Likes

@GrecoMan

youtube

mmh i also have a motor and a vesc not in usage^^

Corridor Crew on Youtube (I think) did a video making one for his wife. Looks fairly simple and well put together.

Oh skippy .

1 Like

That guy builds some pretty cool and useful stuff but I hate that channel so much, every video is like watching an ADD person, It’s all over the place

9 Likes

I thought about using my old Alien Car 12s Esc and picking up a 638x motor and trying a simple spindle drive E-Bike.

1 Like

Probably why i can watch it. Lol They do some fun stuff.

1 Like

I quickly browsed through the video,without sound. It annoyed me watching it.

Why can’t people make normal videos

heh yea that’s me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Stealing is the only reason I haven’t built one yet, but I’m trying to figure out ways to prevent it from being stolen. Rfid tags, keys, etc. I will have to figure it out.

That being said, they seem arguably easier to build if you use a hub motor.

Yeah but hub motors are boring :slight_smile:

And yeah stealing it’s one of the things stopping me. But I suppose I can just joy ride it and only take it places I know it can’t be stolen

Anti theft 7ddfd6a40a78939c8db41153100e43d6

22 Likes

Bikes don’t require alot of what esk8 does. So their esc can be more simple. Id love to build one but damn the battery is the biggest concern for me it will have to be huge for me to want to ride it haha

Well you have a lot of space on a bike man :slight_smile:

1 Like

The space is not the problem the battery will cost more than the entire build that’s the problem haha, I just spend $400 on cells for my board so I can see a bike battery easily doubling that.

1 Like

I was looking into the ebikes as well but you guys r correct the battery is the most expensive part to it. Easily $300-$600 depending on whether u want a toy or u want to go the distance or if u r willing to peddle more than wanted

Yeah but can’t you use low amp cells? They aren’t very expensive.

I’ve seen some builds use lipos but I don’t know the range

Yes but it would also depend on the users weight and desired distance and how well they want their bikes or boards to perform and last

1 Like

Exactly, if I’m gonna do it I’m gonna do it right and I know it’s gonna be expensive and biggest thing is that I probably won’t use it much so it will sit at home most of the time so for me it’s not worth my money or time even though I think it’s cool as hell.

If I was looking for everyday transportation to replace my car I’d go for an ebike over esk8 but Im not.

1 Like