Haggyboard : esk8 street and AT boards and components

Titanium shoulder bolts should suffice :laughing:

So I got the new tires from @riverside.rider. They are not that much different from the 5 inch evolve tires.

20181122_091618 20181122_091729

20181122_091634 20181122_091714

I haven’t had a chance to test it yet, weather and life kinda gets in they way of riding.

2 Likes

Ok ! Well. Thanks a lot for your photo :wink: I’m so happy to get those too! They are sooo cuuuuuuute :yum: Perfectly what I want and need for the winter coming ! Plus the black/grey mate is really good, they’re solid in hand, I love the design of rim and tires. I’m taking more photos. Just waiting for some sprocket, they should arrive during the next week I guess and some DIY to go before a test ride …

5 Likes

Any ETA on when we can actually buy these?

Hi @mutantbass: This is the first big batch that we have ordered from our CNC milling shop and I have asked them to individually check each and every single rim before delivering to me, with particular focus on the bearing seat. This has taken much longer time than anticipated, unfortunately. They finished and packed everything now and I should have everything in stock by Monday. I will then check everything myself again and do the first wheel assemblies starting Monday. All going well the wheels will be ready for sale on either Tuesday or Wednesday. We do not wish to sell anything that we do not have in stock and ready for immediate shipping, that’s why there is no possibility of pre-ordering. Again sorry for all the delays…but we take it step by step.

10 Likes

Do your trucks come with motor mounts? Really interested in experimenting with your trucks and mounts!

Would you be able to make shorter axles? Thinking about maybe using the trucks for a hub motor design! I’m so excited you have no idea lol

Super excited Timo! They look excellent

2 Likes

So nice and good to read you Timo :pray:

Effectively, the wheels, the rims/hub looks perfectly clean, and the bearing go right in place without difficulty and with the perfect fit !

I got an idea for the quick testing setup, I will start posting soon, today it’s house-warming !!! :blush:

Some other photos : Preview Comparation Orgie More details

The back

I would go with the universal driver 60t adapter for belt drive system screwed directly onto the Bergmeister All-terrain pneumatic wheel gently shared by Timo. But it’s around 50€/pcs for the driver. And I just want to make a test before to get the GD prototype ready.

So to could ride them ASAP, I will start with a cheap but super strong and easy, chain setup (the dual should cost less than a few 10€ of sprocket for a quattro + a 3D print spacer adapter) : It should be so cuuuuute :hugs: Plus I design it more compact than the belt drive, for my need (light dual setup, 5065 140kv). I’m finishing the GD system to fit them, it will be even more compact than belt or chain drive system with a better clearance to the ground :blush: Of curse I will share all with you :v:

13 Likes

Nice pics. Those wheels look solid. Off topic, but are those Tampa gummies on MBS Rockstar 2 hubs? :astonished:

1 Like

They are but he said they don’t fit :stuck_out_tongue: just a mockup.

2 Likes

Could you tell me where you get the sprocket to fit these wheels. I want to run chains and that looks like the perfect fit.

1 Like

@PXSS Hi Patrick, the motor mounts only come with the full Haggy Drive System set which would include the motors and pulleys of course. We do not include the motor mounts for those that wish to just purchase the Kahua trucks. The reason for this is: the motor mounts require a very specific motor shaft length to match with the drive pulleys. So the idea is to sell the Kahua trucks to be used for either hub motors or a self developed motor mount. Yes, we could shorten the axles, but I would need to know what length and diameter you would require (max diameter 12mm). Let me know what you think and perhaps we can find a solution. thanks Timo

1 Like

Hey Tyson, I got them from tridistribution.fr I used to drive board with chain since 2015 and even more since 2016/2017 on my Darth Vapor setup. I love the freewheel, torque, noize and low maintenance of them. (I try again belt on my last build and it failed in under 5km … So back to basics :smile:)

I will share the 3D folder to make the centered holes patterns if there are any interest. Something like that I guess (Im trying to rebuild my printer before) : gear_2018-Nov-25_11-10-17PM-000_CustomizedView8069567997

1 Like

Dear all,

finally, the second bigger batch for the CNC machined rims has arrived. They come in 4 different flavours:

- sandblasted and black anodised (matte)

- sandblasted and red anodised (matte)

- sandblasted and blue anodised (matte)

- sandblasted and silver anodised (shiny)

(The colours may look differently under different lighting conditions, but colours are as per below pictures)

Here are some points that I would like to highlight:

• this batch is bigger than the first one but not massively big and stocks are limited. The next big batch (batch number three) will be ready by mid January 2019

• we are always supportive of group buys, but can only arrange them for the next batch mid January. We can always discuss pricing depending on the order qty.

• for group buys of min. 15 sets ( 1 set = 4 wheels), we can arrange custom anodising.

• the website will be updated Wednesday-Thursday and the cost per set will be the equivalent TWD 6600,- which is about USD 213,-

• when purchased from the website, free shipping will only apply with a total purchase amount of the equivalent of USD 300,- and above. For this you would need to use the code “ FREESHIPPING ” a the checkout.

=======================

For members of this great forum, I would like to offer a special discount (which will not be displayed on the website):

The offer is:

• 1 set of complete Bergmeister pneumatic wheels incl. bearing spacer and extra 35mm bolts and nuts (that can be used to attach your own pulley)

• 1 set of extra inner tubes for the Bergmeister pneumatics (1 set = 4 inner tubes)

• 1 set of 90mm Senor Pepe wheels incl. bearing spacer (1 set = 4 wheels)

• 1 set of 6pin JST esc connectors (1 set = 2 cables to be used on a dual motor setup)

- Free shipping

- USD 285,- // TWD 8800,-

=======================

Please take note of the following:

• this offer is strictly limited to this current batch and only while stocks last. A certain number of Bergmeister sets will be reserved for the Haggy Drive System 2-in-1

• basis first come first serve // this offer is valid for one single order

• as mentioned before, this offer will not be published on the website and is exclusively for members of this forum

• If you are interested, please send me an email to [email protected] with your username in the forum, the preferred rim color, full contact details (name, address, phone number) and your PayPal account email.

• An invoice with a payment request will be sent to you. DO NOT use “friends and family" when paying via PayPal. I will cover the fees and this serves as your own protection.

• Upon receipt of the funds, shipment will be arranged within 1-2 working days and I will then send you by email the tracking number (EMS courier) as well as a copy of the postage payment receipt

=======================

Compatible pulleys for the Bergmeister pneumatics:

• you can download here (https://haggyboard.com/products/universal-60t-adapter) a free .stp file for a 60T // 15mm wide universal pulley compatible with the Bergmeister rim. Feel free to modify (and share) this pulley to fit your needs.

• @Riako has done some great modifications to this pulley, also for use with chains. I am sure he will be happy to help in case you got questions, so am I. If there is demand for a preferred pulley design, we can arrange to have it either injection moulded or CNC milled in the future

=======================

We are always happy to get feedback from the community. Our tire maker INNOVA here in Taiwan has been extremely helpful and cooperative and for the future we are also looking at making the same tire style, just with different compounds. So plenty of things to come in the future.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Timo (@riverside.rider) IMG-4665 IMG-4673 IMG-4670 IMG-4669

15 Likes

Ugh that’s a whole lot of awesome

3 Likes

delayed for Quality Assurance - no excuses… I REALLY LIKE THIS :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@sk8l8r: yes it has taken a lot of time to get it right…especially the bearing seat, the colours and having a perfect match between both rims A and B… I think it was worth the time, but I am equally convinced that other vendors in this forum go the extra mile to get things right…at least that has been my experience.

3 Likes

I could sleep on this gorgeous carpet of rims ! :star_struck: those picts are seriously crazy !!!

1 Like

I’d rather have pullys than urethane wheels with my purchase. I’ve got enough urethane to last a few years.

2 Likes

@skunk: Hi Kelly. The pulleys that you see on the website only work with he Kahua trucks, as they are press-fit pulleys (without any screws) and come with an integrated 12mm diameter 6001 type bearings inside the pulley. That only works because we have a stepped down (12mm for pulley area down to 8mm where the wheel bearings sit (608 type). So in short…bad idea to get our pulleys if you don’t use the Kahua truck.

1 Like