Haggyboard : esk8 street and AT boards and components

Well like I said. Maybe you can ask them as a company. They are not responding to my messages and @pixelsilva. Those tires would fit you rims so maybe you could have them in your offer?

1 Like

What’s the status of the pneumatic wheels? Has somebody already tried the trucks or the motors?

Their trucks, motors, and motor mounts are really solid. good value for money. I measured the motors at 6080 in total length and width Without the bore.

The way the motor is mounted and how the tensioning work is also quite cool.

Going to review it soon. Timo is also a great guy to deal with. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

+1 mate ! True, I’m a big fan of it !!! (I couldn’t order them cause I already buy the complete wheels set … and other Black Friday are calling too :laughing: ) I can not wait to read your return.

And yes, I can confirm Timo is so professional and accessible at the same time! I’m really happy to see another cool vendor joining us and with new stuff in his store.

Edit : Picture of the package before shipping by Timo :wink: thumbnail_IMG_4214

4 Likes

Hello everybody, thanks for the above comments, much appreciated indeed. Also my apologies for this rather late update on the Bergmeister pneumatics status:

So here we go:

• I expect our wheels to be ready for shipment by either this upcoming Friday or Saturday.
  • The website will be updated with all the relevant information within this week.
  • There will be the following rim colors to choose from:

Sandblasted black matte Sandblasted red matte Sandblasted blue matte Sandblasted shiny silver

If you purchase the wheel set without the motors and the Kahua trucks, you would need to machine your own pulley. On our website there is a free to download .stp file for a universal 60T / 15mm wide pulley that should work with most kind of longboard trucks out there.

We recommend to have the pulley CNC milled rather than 3d printed. But that of course depends on the type of filament. Given that it is a .stp file, you can also freely modify the pulley to your liking.

If there is a general acceptance of this specific universal pulley, we can also have a mould made for it, which means that we can produce it with nylon/glass fibre via injection process (just like our 36T pulleys)

Feel free to ask me any questions on here or via email.

Thanks, Timo

6 Likes

On your website you have a single 60t pulley for sale - why not just use that one? https://haggyboard.com/products/60t-bergmeister-all-terrain-drive-gear-belt-combo-kit

@Maxid: Hi Daniel, the reason why the 60T drive gear / pulley won’t work is because it comes with an integrated 6001 type bearing. This bearing has an inner diameter of 12mm and this particular pulley is specifically made to fit our Kahua trucks. Our trucks come with a screw in axle that is “stepped” from 12mm (area where the pulley bearing sits on) down to 8mm where the wheel bearings sit (which are the standard 608mm type bearings).

You can see that the universal pulley design to download does not have a bearing, so this makes it universal in that it can be used with most longboard trucks. That pulley is screwed onto the wheel’s rim.

Hope that the above helped to clarify this.

Thanks, Timo IMG-4560 IMG-4564 IMG-4561 IMG-4563 IMG-4565 IMG-4562 IMG-4559

4 Likes

well but can it be used without the bearing? might be easier for people to get your pulley without a bearing than printing their own.

If your truck profil fit the driver without the bearing so maybe yes …

Edit : arg Timo, please … don’t post all these photos, I’m ashamed to not order the complete kit now :laughing:

28mm seems quite large OD - so might fit around calibers (and TBs for that matter)

Edit: ah I see without the bearing there is nothing actually holding the pulley in place - clever design - just like the push on kegel pulleys etc. Next step: finding a bearing with OD 28mm and 8mm ID :smiley:

@riverside.rider: how long does the axle need to be to use it with a bearing?

1 Like

@Maxid: No, this will not work, because the pulley would need to be screwed to the rim if there is no bearing inside the pulley.

Essentially there are two systems:

a) Using screws for rim/pulley connection: this will only work with the downloadable pulley design

b) Using no screws for the rim / pulley connection: this will only work with the integrated bearing inside the pulley and only the Kahua trucks will work with this. The 6001 bearing pushes against the hanger and the rim pushes against the pulley…so it is a tight connection. If you do not have the bearing inside the pulley, then you have nothing to push the pulley against the rim.

Not sure if the above makes sense? I ll make a video tomorrow to show exactly what I mean. it is 00:44 here and my brain is half asleep.

good night everyone, Timo

2 Likes

a 638 bearing might work - did you see my edit? Just need to know how much axle length we’d need.

@Maxid: actually, there is a possibility of using another type of bearing for the pulley. It perfectly fits and I ll send you tomorrow the details, also the required axle length.

Timo

2 Likes

@Maxid: yes you are right: 638 works perfectly. In the picture below you can see it: brown = 6001 // silver = 638 the total axle length required would be 65mm. However, I strongly advise against using an exposed 65mm axle that is 8mm in diameter.

IMG-4284 IMG-4568 IMG-4566 IMG-4567

1 Like

damn - would have been nice. You are right though: 65mm is quite a lot. TBs have 47mm :frowning:

How much is the 2in1 kit usually when its not sold out?

It’s in your message :cricket_bat_and_ball:

2 Likes

And a 10mm axle on surf rodz?

You would need this bearing for the pulley

And these for the hub

I have the bearings already! I was more interested in Timo’s opinion of a straight 10mm axle, stress wise.

1 Like