Guys, please use quality bearings

90% of skate bearings are made in China. Where did you get them?

1 Like

@PXSS I definitely used the spacer between two bearings in the middle of the wheel. And when I tighten the axle nut, I usually go tight it up then back out 1/4 of rotation on my wrench.

@kylepls Sorry to heat that happened to you too. mine is still pretty tight no wiggle on the remaining. They are on there less than 20 miles.

@ethel 236176214 1668673238

@briman05 Itā€™s been a long time, I donā€™t really remember.

1 Like

Looks like you didnā€™t use speed rings

You can literally see a speed ring in that picture and the outline of a speed ring on the one above :smiley:

8 Likes

In use gun oil on my bearings it has Teflon and sticks to metal.

I shot 13 rounds under water in a pool and took the gun apart to let it dry and was surprised to find the lube still on the gun.

Itā€™s Ramington gun oil, it comes in a spray can.

3 Likes

Yeah, synthetic gun oil is the shit. I use in my 3d printer rails, skate axles, bearings, any thing that needs to stay lubricated. It actually repels water and debris.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to Abec tonight. Iā€™ll see if I can find you a single, lonely 107. May have an orange core though.

20 Likes

You wanna find me 4 lonely wheels? :joy::joy: JK

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a stand-up fucking guy right there! Iā€™m still in disbelief about that melted core.

3 Likes

@Battosaii @mmaner Do you guys mind share the link of the gun oil? And how do you apply them on bearing? I have never done this before.

@psychotiller Thanks Dave, let me know how it goes, I donā€™t care about color at allā€¦

I use Remington gun oil, not sure what country you live in but here in the US you can find a can at any Walmart.

As for my bearings I cleaned them with 90% iso achocol and wiped them down with a rag to make sure they are dry. Then I spray all the bearing parts with oil and put the bearings back together.

You need to remove at least the rubber seal to get the oil in there.

These are the thick spacers I use nowā€¦

ā€¦after @Namasaki suggested themā€¦

@Namasaki

Great Price!!! And about over tightening. All bearing bind if you tighten them without spacers. The deal is you got to use spacers because you really need to tighten your wheels down solid to help prevent speed wobbles. You can get spacers on eBay, Amazon or your local skate shop. Or, if you want really good heavy duty spacers you can get them from here:

Aluminum Spacers, 1/2" Outer Diameter, 5/16 Hole, .405" Long, AS50-16-.405

This is the size I use and it works perfectly and you can tighten down your wheels like thereā€™s no tomorrow and they still spin fast and free! And best of all, the best is also the cheapest!

UPDATE:

I just noticed that they come with spacers however, if those spacers are not long enough the bearings will still bind. Wheels are not all the same. That is why I bought custom spacers that fit Abec11 wheels and clones. .405" length is just right. Plus, the larger outside diameter and thicker wall makes them much more durable and stable.

1 Like

Pretty much any gun oil will work. The synthetic gun oil is nice because itā€™s stays in place longer.

Hoppeā€™s No. 9 Synthetic Blend Lubricating Oil, 2.25-Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BVMFRE0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_r2UfCbPAENX0T

1 Like

Oil??! Oil? Use grease you crazy people. Unless your racing or just like bearing maintenance use grease.

Long life grease for extra points.

3 Likes

Since you have motors and arenā€™t limited to using the fixed force of gravity to do your accelerating, yeah, use grease.

Best I could do. IMG_20181216_231142

15 Likes

Psychotiller saves the day

5 Likes

5 wheels. Thatā€™s a score.

8 Likes

9 wheels ben!

8 Likes