GTX PERFECT CLONE / 6374 190 kv 3550 W / 107 mm F1/ evolve trucks/ FOCBOX/ 10S4P/ GTX deck / Evolve Enclosure/ UNIK motor mounts

Sweet clone. I’ve had a carbon GT for two years and rode the hell out of it. The battery got to the point it would barely get 5 miles before 50% drain. Prismatic cells just don’t have the cycle life. So after about 4 months of it laying around I had some extra cells from battery builds and I replaced the flat pack with Samsung 30q.
I also replaced the motors ( very worn ) and with the extra space the 10s4p cell pack left fit in a 3s light kit stand alone 12.4v pack ( Samsung of course ) Rides like a new board. I haven’t tested the range yet. Did do a test run of 4 miles on full charge at the end 97% capacity and no sag. Granted the volt sag will come later in the ride regardless. As long as I still use the stock bms and esc unit. But for a revamp not bad on the pocket book. image

7 Likes

Good job! Actualy even if you would have replaced the battery on day one you would have no sag and same amazing range :slight_smile: EVOLVE is clearly a scam in some way, they charge so much money for Chinese bad quality part

1 Like

Yea, I totally agree on the scam part. They really did something cool and of course went cheep and high price. Even their replacement parts are sky high. I carry the exact same motors for 85 and they sell for 190. The remake of the sidewinder truck ( gul wing). Innovative but could be priced better.
It’s truly one way they have gotten so big so fast. That’s why I love the diy community. Getting into this stuff and really bringing it for the end user not the end profit.

2 Likes

Is that 6374 motors? :raised_hands:

No, those are stock replacements. But I do carry a 63mm mount for the evolve truck and maytech 6374, 6365, and 6355 sealed motors

1 Like

I wonder how you guys fit a 10s4p plus BMS plus Focboxes and other bits into the GT enclosure!? Got myself an 80A BMS which has a switch integrated but it seems like I have to ditch the thing and look for alternatives.

You can either mill down the deck to gain space or if it’s enough there is this nice model on thingiverse Evolve Bamboo GT Enclosure Riser found on #Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2965134

1 Like

With the 80A BMS the riser needs to be 15 mm high or so which I would like to avoid.

Then mill down the deck or split the BMS in two. A guy recently did it for a EVO build I believe

1 Like

Yeah splitting the BMS or using the smaller 60 A BMS from the Enertion spacecell could be another option. Don’t have a mill therefore not possible to recess the thing into the deck.

Can you fit dual 6374 motors on evolve trucks? :thinking:

yes, use unikboards motor mount

2 Likes

Thx bro! What belts can you use? 15 mm or 12mm? :hugs:

@ElskerShadow did it by hand although I was also surprise for the nice work he said that it has been rather easy. Check in this thread the pictures.

1 Like

i use 15mm

1 Like

Yes, you can. And yes unik does have mounts. I do as well. The difference is you can get a set from me for 100$ (set) not a pc and shipping same day

1 Like

That sounds like a good deal! But you live in the US right? I live in Sweden and I have to pay a huge high tax charge unfortunately😔

https://www.unikboards.com/fr/boutique/core-serie-support-moteur-pour-truck-evolve-supercarve-street-et-at/

if you don’’ need to go with AT wheel, the V1 is cheaper: https://www.unikboards.com/fr/boutique/motor-mount-for-evolve/

3 Likes

@ElskerShadow Gift for you my friend :slight_smile: 7c4493bef6f57e23595a95ade08ef27b_preview_featured

i posted the stl here:

6 Likes

I love you @Toleg T’es un champion du monde :wink:

4 Likes