GTX PERFECT CLONE / 6374 190 kv 3550 W / 107 mm F1/ evolve trucks/ FOCBOX/ 10S4P/ GTX deck / Evolve Enclosure/ UNIK motor mounts

its no secret :upside_down_face:

[email protected]

I reallly gotta get my domain sorted out

1 Like

Do you think a case extender such as this would help with setting up a 10s5p?

I think it would definitely help but at this point I would use a different enclosure

Hows this coming along? :slight_smile:

Started building a clone myself! Not dual 6374 however, my boosted clone is having that. Dont need two boards to kill me :smiley:

1 Like

You can never have too much torque lol

1 Like

It’s coming along great! I only need the battery and the build is over, I have a 10s3p laying around but I’d like to use a 10s4p at least but it won’t be easy with the original evolve case

1 Like

put a 10s4p, two focboxes and a BMS is very tricky in the original evolve case. I had to remove the BMS from the board and will be charger side.

Don’t you fear bad balancing of the cells? I really don’t know what to do :stuck_out_tongue: 10s3p is way too small for my needs, especially on AT 7500 mah is clearly not enough

What are your needs?

@BoostedBuilder If I could get 12000 mah 8th 30Q in 10s4p with 30Q. 10s3p 8th 30q would be 9000 mah right? My needs are at least 30-40 km range on street config and as much as possible on AT but I have enlever ridden AT before I don’t know the consumption

I have a 10s3p with VTC6, so 9300mAh (360-390wh). I feel like it’s a good middle ground between space, weight and range. Why don’t you consider 12s3p?

12s3p would mean adding 6 cells right? If so I can clearly make it happen But 12s needs a bigger BMs right? @BoostedBuilder

Yes

10char

12s3p, a BMS and 2 FOCBOX’s is pretty much the best use of space in that enclosure.

Which BMS do you currently have?

I was planning to re-use the space cell BMS I have lying around Uploading… But I ll have to find a new one then

1 Like

Why not get a 6mm spacer to replace the stock gtx gasket? This slightly lowers the case, but it makes space for the bms, since there is already a 6mm routed area in the battery area on the deck. I actually was able to get my bms to fit in there…the 6mm of extra gasket allows for the 10s4p batteries to completely fill up the case & still attach cleanly to the deck, with room for the VESC’s and BMS now. Wiring would be tight for the focs but doable.

Here is a pic of the BMS in the routed area, without the 6mm gasket.

1 Like

This is what mine looks like with 1/4"/6.35mm weatherstripping foam. I outlined the gasket by tracing the battery case; tbh it doesn’t look clean since I cut with scissors, should’ve gone all the way with a xacto instead of the rounded corners. I left enough space for the BMS in the routed area and filled the rest of it with the foam, since the 10s4p height encompasses only the battery case.

This is my 10s5p in a cut gen 3 batt. case.The 4p fits by taking up the space meant for the bms, length-wise; height-wise, the pack sits flush with this case & will not protrude into the routed area on the deck, as long as I have the extra 6mm gasket on there. Atm I only have my 5p to show in the above image; I cut the case to see if I could attach the extender I posted from earlier in the thread, to make this a 10s5p pack.

I purchased the foam from amazon here.

I also know a couple of Evolve ambassadors from local group rides and am waiting for them to sell me their dying/soon to be dead stock batt. packs, for the BMS; I could get one as well for you if you’d like @ElskerShadow .

1 Like

@pjotr47 made my battery pack, and they are killer! For the BMS, I think you could use this one:

http://bestechpower.com/444v12spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCB-D345.html

It’s from a known source, has an on/off switch, 60a is plenty enough for a 3p battery and it’s available for 12s. Also, Pjotr has 1 in stock, so if you are not wanting to make your own, he could help out with the battery and BMS because Bestech have a MOQ of 2!

Or as @Kit it suggested, just get a some foam/rubber sheets and raise the enclosure.

5 Likes

Lil Update guys : Today it was sunny so I decided to do some Hard work on the deck to get more space for the battery and give the deck a more refined look

So I started with leveling the lid to give more space :slight_smile:

After the wood cissors I used the sander for a smooth finish

Then it’s time for a bit of paint, all black beauty stealth af

That’s it for today I’m shifting on another simultaneous project, electrifying an old French motorcycle

14 Likes

OMG I can only imagine how much work it is milling by hand. Respect! For the black look you can always repaint it, but it is covered by the enclosure anyway.

1 Like