Goblin Glider | Earthwing SuperGlider | Caliber II | Focbox Unity | 90mm Flywheels | 10s4p battery

Remote Progress. Probably could be farther but I’m way too meticulous for my own good sometimes.

I didn’t take a picture of all the individual components because it was literally a month between receiving the first piece to getting the last piece AFTER waiting a while from initially ordering. Got my voltage converter on November 11th and got my magnets (last item) December 11th. Anyway, overview. Overlay

My receiver being wired minus the capacitor set. ReceiverWired

Probably could have done it more compact, meh. Capacitors

First section of the remote. I really couldn’t do this sooner because I was missing the lipo charging board. I actually just ended up buying more off of Amazon because I got impatient. I still haven’t received my original order of them. BatteryWiring

More progress. Some work on the nano, OLED, and nRF24. Progress

More pictures soon as I progress.

1 Like

Batteries. Not much progress yet on this.

I’ve only siliconed the parallels groups together. BatteriesSiliconed

I do want to add that this process would have been so much easier if I had a holder. I didn’t get sent any in my shipment and I don’t have a 3D printer, yet. So it took a littler longer making sure I had it lined up right. Obviously it could have been done haphazardly and maybe it would have been fine. I just don’t think when I went to spot weld all these together and make it into a pack that it would have been as neat or tightly compact as it would have been.

2 Likes

So I got my unity in yesterday. Last thing I’m missing is one of my mounts. I still can work on other stuff because I don’t have everything ready to just plug in yet. As I was going through things I realized none of my things match though. I have 2mm and 5.5 bullet connects. My motor uses 5.5mm. Unity uses 3.5mm. The sensor plug is much smaller than the plug in for the unity. I only have male servo connectors, so I’m gonna have to figure that out. Obviously I could have known all of this beforehand but with all the information I’ve already had to gather and retain, there’s no way I could have caught all of this. It’s only my first build, so I’m gonna miss so much of this shit. Now I’m debating if I should gather all the correct sizes and make small connector cables for them all or if I should just chop off one side and solder the correct connections. Anybody have any suggestions?

Well I just realized the unity came with some bullet connectors. So I think I’ll just make a small connection wire that will go from 3.5mm male to 5.5 male to connect unity and motor. So that I won’t need to cut off any wires and void any warranties. Still I need to figure out about the sensor cables. I know they aren’t necessary but I have them, so I might as well use them. I will also need to get female servo connectors.

20181223_190226

20181223_190657

You can directly plug in the servo connector in the ppm port

For the servo plugs, usually with the Arduino for the remote you get pin headers. You can use those and stick in between the male plugs to connect them, just make sure to secure them with some glue or such.

Here’s a nice workaround for the bullet connectors:

Also, conveniently, you can take the back side of a 3.5 and plug it directly to the back side of a 5.5. They just so happen to fit. Add a dab of solder for a firm connection and some heat shrink for professionalism. About to do this myself.

Excellent suggestions. Thanks guys. That’s more of an elegant solution with the bullet connectors, at least less wires.

@blasto I saw that I could plug in the servo directly in, but doesn’t seem super snug. I guess either way, I’m gonna need to super glue? Or use pin headers like @AxelF suggested, which I have tons and tons of jumper cables and pin headers.

edit OHHH! I see what you mean by using the pin headers. Yea dude, that’s so much easier. Thanks dude!

1 Like