For the love of sk8tan! (5 inch pnuemetics with abec or kegel core)

No man, nothing at all. No response. Normally, when you contac Alibaba they rely the inquiry to their provider(s) and they are the ones who answer later. No news from the Evolve 5 inch tires. :roll_eyes:

I believe 5" tires are way too small to be effective. Thatā€™s why you donā€™t see much. It was highly advised not to run 5" tires so I ended up settling on 6.3" tires. If you also run 5" tires they are only good for 5" tires while a slightly bigger tire you can always use the same rim to run a 7" or 8" tire.

7 Likes

Whatā€™s the OD Of bearing seat?

Standard Skateboard Bearings 608 22mm diameter.

3 Likes

@Sn4Pz here you go, your dual density wheel by @MoeStooge himself :beers:

2 Likes

To be fair I thought you meant different durometers on the surface, but yes :laughing:

Too bad Iā€™m not on the west coastā€¦ Yet :wink:

1 Like

Same here. Three messages and nothing. The donā€™t give a fā€¦ @torqueboards what do you understand by effective? What were the arguments against 5"?

1 Like

ā€¦the argument that is a rim they donā€™t have (neither other manufacturers). So if they donā€™t have a rim for such a tire, then is not very convenient to promote such a tire, right? :sunglasses:

Some of the arguments are that a small tire will ā€˜wear down fasterā€™ than a larger tire. But the again ā€¦ shouldnā€™t the manufacturers feel happy because they are now feeding the market with new 5 inch tires more often (??)

Skaters love narrow trucks. They are becoming shorter by the year. Whilst Eskaters love wider trucks and bigger wheels despite the fact that we donā€™t require them by any measure. If we are right or notā€¦the market is more than happy to provide Eskaters with wider truck and larger wheels, no?

@LukePL canā€™t remember the exact details but was something similar to what i mentioned above.

I think itā€™s safe to sayā€¦ if Evolve tried 5" but ultimately went away from itā€¦ Iā€™d imagine itā€™s for good reason.

Ultimately, I didnā€™t bother with a 5" because I plan on releasing a 7" or 8" makes sense to use the same rim.

ā€¦like for example?

Enertion also tried way back but dunno why didnā€™t stick with them

1 Like

I think I remember Jason saying something about the tire quality

not only that but there are next to no good alternatives (or so Ive read)

Screenshot_2018-10-02-10-54-05

Screenshot_2018-10-02-10-53-33

@okp french hands holding those 5 inch tires right there. :wink:

9 Likes

:point_up: Wanna know how Unicorns look like?

1 Like

Nice! I just wonder why no one use presta valve? Its smaller and lighter so wheel would be less out of balance. This is 135x50 and those on Alibaba are 125x50. Looks like they did more of themā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah!

125mm = 5 inches (4.92 to be precise) 135mm = 5.3 inches

@LukePL, I got an ideaā€¦ perhaps we are looking in the wrong place for these 5 inch tire! We only need a 5 inch tire with 8mm bearing in the middle, right?

Why donā€™t we knock on the door of these guys (scooter manufacturers) instead?? They already using the wheel size we want!

ā€¦first search and I already got one (not the exact width we are looking for) but is a startā€¦

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/5-inch-inflation-wheel-using-metal-hub-5x1/404985241.html

i dont think those ar pnuemetic :frowning:

Take a look at the air valve!

1 Like