For the love of sk8tan! (5 inch pnuemetics with abec or kegel core)

Also for those who want to buy the shop closes at 24 and will start shipping again on 5

EDIT: order will be still accepted just be shipped on Nov 5 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

See you in Vegas. Hit me up for a ride. Once you get on these your mind will be made up.

1 Like

Working out details with a CNC machinist. In the works IMG_20180731_190111689

6 Likes

I like to bust @Kug3lis balls but I visit the site three times a week to make plans. Excited for my first purchases.

2 Likes

Nice hopefully you will have them available soon would really like a set

1 Like

Oh yea and What will the T count on the motor pulley be

42t pulley

1 Like

I had the chance to try the wheels @MoeStooge cooked up and wow - they are dialed in! The ride is beautiful. It felt like taking the best pneumatics wheels and the best ā€˜thane wheels and combining them - while reducing weight and increasing steering precision.

7 Likes

Nice pump them out soon i so want a set of them

So, Iā€™m out there looking for options and @psychotiller himself was inquiring about 5" wheels back in 2014!

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59119

2 Likes

We need 5ā€™ā€™ bad!!!

From what I can recall from my research most people donā€™t make 5" wheels cause they have durability issues could just be a design problem but I hear they arnt as durable

Thatā€™s probably a concern for ā€œrealā€ eskaters and commuters, not casuals like me haha.

The nearest pub is about 3 minutes away on my board and after that they are spaced in intervals of about 3 minutes from each other. My rides are pretty short and only ever recreational.

With that saidā€¦ aside from increased wear due to higher rpm I cant really see why they would be considered ā€œunreliableā€?

I heard valve stems break easier but in the end it may not be true.

3 min rides? Damn that doesnā€™t sound too fun my group goes on 20+ mile excursions and we ride fast lol

Tuesday was 20.7 miles and Sunday was 19.8 miles.

1 Like

We rode 10 miles on Sunday to be fair and it went really quick!

1 Like

I already asked for an 8shooter. Iā€™m first! :+1:

Please tease us more about these wheels! Rough estimates on the availability and price range? Do they work on normal trucks?

The 120 x 50mm 70a Street wheel for all time cruising and fantastic grip. Roll resistance falls between pnumatics and PU wheels. Race wheel 50a front 45a rear is 13mm wider and has stuck down no slide grip for track racing but reduces range due to high roll resistance. Iā€™m working on getting production set-up. The wheels are 250.us per set. At the moment Iā€™m working out production details with a machinist for the hubs and donā€™t have a price negotiated. Hubs will come with 42t and optional 60t pulley. Hubs will also have spur gear option. I expect 90 to 125.us for a hub set. Wheels attach to hub like a car. Wear longevity is fantastic, been on my OG race wheel set for over a year. Street wheel road tested 63mph. 9E4AC5CB-ACF3-4BA4-8947-2E2DF7767B8F
https://youtu.be/AfE1XGExRrg https://youtu.be/Hsj9guNrlmU

9 Likes

Hi Aurimas,

If your 6" hubs fit psychotillerā€™s tires they should also fit the haggyboard tires (iā€™m pretty sure the rim is the same size) and should also fit the 5" alibaba tires. Itā€™s just a matter of finding a tube for the 5" tyres.

So there may be no need to create a new wheel as the 5" is just a lower profile tire.

@pixelsilva did you get any anwser from them about this 5 inch evolve tire?

1 Like