For Sale: Firefly Esk8 Remotes and Parts Kits *No longer accepting requests*

What is the benefits of using this?

Your receiver is protected in the case that something gets loose and somehow Fuchs up the banked receiver

And it helps with organizing wires

2 Likes

I was worried about the tiny ceramic antenna bouncing around inside the enclosure. But it also has the added benefit of keeping things tidy

1 Like

Is there a list of something that let’s us know how close we are to our order coming up? I’m in group two, should be very soon I’m thinking…? Updates please @SeeTheBridges :slight_smile:

Just got my tracking number I’m so excited!!!

1 Like

Apologies for the lack of updates everyone. Summer got busy and I slowed down output quite a bit for a while there so I could enjoy the end of my summer. I’m leaving for school on the 16th, so I’ve only really got another ~3 days worth of building time left. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get through all of the batch 2 requests.

I do however have all of the parts for the rest of batch 2, so I can at least offer this: If anyone from batch 2 would like to get a parts kit, shoot me a PM with your email address and I’ll get started assembling kits again. I don’t have enough time to be printing kit housings though, so you’ll need to source that yourself. 3Dhubs and Shapeways are both great options.

2 Likes

If any one bails because of this. I would be interested in getting a kit.

i just got my remote today are their any instructions for this remote like what all the signs mean how to change what the display says and how to bind it? maybe im a noob but i cant seem to find anything and it seems like my reciever and remote are not bound.

2 Likes

Will there be another round?

@SeeTheBridges can’t produce the same amount in the next weeks/months so there won’t be a next round but you could still get the kits I believe

I am setting mine up tomorrow and am wondering the same thing.

In the same boat.

Hmmm anybody know how to do this? LMK

Apologies everyone, the reply notifications for this thread didn’t make its way to my inbox. So setup wise, There’s a couple things that need to be done.

On the remote side, when powering on, press the trigger and push forward on the throttle to get to the settings menu. Here you can change the control style (ONLY WHEN CONNECTED TO THE RECEIVER), battery setup (# of cells and type), gear ratios, and calibrate the hall sensor values. I usually pre calibrated remotes before I shipped them, but I may have missed a few so it doesn’t hurt to check. The options after the hall sensor values have to do with the PPM widths, don’t mess with those. Then there’s the generate new address and reset address functions. I’ll be honest these don’t always work that great so just avoid them. you can exit the settings on the last menu option.

On to the receiver side, every remote and receiver is flashed with matching addresses, so as long as you didn’t touch the generate address function on the remote, they should auto pair when powered on. IF you did touch the auto generate address function and it’s no longer pairing, you’ll need to refresh your receiver with the matching code, or just wipe both of them and flash again to get them to match.

On to the VESC side of the setup. With whatever VESC tool your firmware uses: BLDC tool, Ackmaniac’s ESC tool, etc, you need to set your control type to “PPM and UART”. Along with this, you need to find the baud rate setting for UART and set it to 115200. Last thing you’ll need to do is find the PPM calibration page. With the remote already calibrated, just follow the procedure for setting your min, max, and center PPM values. After that, you should be ready to go.

Really wish I had some more time to put the video version of this out, but moving in 3 days has me scrambling!

6 Likes

Ahhh man, thanks… sounds more involved than I am used to, but here we go! Wish me luck boys, I hope I come out on the other side…

2 Likes

How do I change to MPH?

You can’t , you would need to code it in

1 Like

Damn, thats unfortunate

It should be relatively easy , Ive been meaning to do it , but work. One would just have to go in and create a new setting for switching between MPH and KPH and wherever KPH is shown just do the same for MPH but enclose it in an if else statement (if that’s how solid dealt with setting parameters)

1 Like

Well lmk if you do it a d hownit goes