For Sale: Firefly Esk8 Remotes and Parts Kits *No longer accepting requests*

It’s a group buy if you charge before you have the product. If you are making then selling it’s all good.

Getting level 3 isnt hard, just read a lot and post builds.

2 Likes

Should have signed up earlier. LOL I built my first esk8 way back in 2013/14 when VESC was just a beta. Thanks anyway!

1 Like

I can wait on 3 list,I want one;

I’m in the process of finishing 1 more order, but I’m gonna confirm batch 1 is now complete. Most of the components for Batch 2 and kits have arrived but I’m waiting on 3 more critical components before anything else begins shipping. Kits will have priority and go out as soon components have finished arriving.

4 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to receiving one!

can i still get this? :o

You can put a request in, but I’m only guaranteeing batch 2 remotes and and current kit requests

2 Likes

gotcha! I hope you make it to the third batch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Requesting one of these whenever it becomes available. Is there a list or place to post order other than here?

1 Like

In the original post there’s a google form to submit a request

1 Like

Just an update for everyone:

1. All of batch 1 has been completed and shipped
  2. Most parts for batch 2 have arrived, still waiting on last 2 critical parts before I can get started on B2.
  3. I ended up with some spare parts so the first remote of batch 2 will be going out this week
  4. I’ve been working on getting my printer quality dialed in. I replaced the build plate and mounting hardware, and the premium print quality is looking fantastic. Still working on standard.
  5. The next part of the build guide is going up this week
  6. And lastly, I am closing the request forms. Thank you for the all of the interest generated with this post! As I work through my orders, I may consider opening them again if there is sufficient time left before school starts again, but for now I will no longer be taking on any more.

I look forward to everyone receiving their remotes in the coming weeks :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Just got my firefly today! I like the firefly you drew on the package.

Quick questions: -how do I configure the remote to customize the info displayed? -Do I need to configure the remote so that it knows how to properly display my battery (e.g. 12s voltage)

Thanks! Keep up the awesome job!

1 Like

With the remote off, hold down the killswitch then turn on the remote and let it boot up to the setting menu.

The scroll wheel moves the. Menu “up/down”. Press the Killswitch to select. Once finish scroll to the end of menu and select exit.

7 Likes

If you decide on selling the parts only again (got a prusa mk3 that 3d prints) I’m down to buy a kit.

3 Likes

Thanks! 10char

for the people that have the remote already how does it feel compared to a nano x variant remote?

i dont think i am going to put a battery level indicator on my board since the remote will show it for me.

I only used mine for a few mins before I spilled and broke it, but the thumb wheel has a lot more travel than a nano-x. It’s comparable to a benchwheel remote.

5 Likes

Another quick update for everyone:

1. all of the electronics have arrived!
  2. batch 2 has begun shipping as of tomorrow
  3. I’m delaying kits just a couple more days because of the next point
  4. All devices shipped from here on out will be using custom PCBs I designed! :hugs: I did a small portion of batch 1 with them, but I’ve updated my design for batch 2 and the kits. Rev2 will be here tomorrow according to DHL, so when I get those in I’ll assemble kits and get them shipped out ASAP
4 Likes

Awesome man. Looking forward to receiving mine! Thanks for the update.

What kind of range are you guys seeing from the remotes? Also, any issues w/ dropouts?