For Sale: Firefly Esk8 Remotes and Parts Kits *No longer accepting requests*

Can I buy one ?

I’m afraid I’m not taking any more orders on right now. I just don’t have the output rate to do so.

Please please please please one more hehe

1 Like

I just sent out confirmations for everyone that is in Batch 2. However a couple emails came back with email system errors. If you think you should have been in batch 2 but did not receive an email, please send me a message with the email you think you submitted with so we can get it sorted!

EDIT: This is only regarding complete remotes. If you put an order in for a kit, I have everyone’s info for those. you’re all good.

5 Likes

I saw the email and got excited I thought it was my turn haha, thanks for the confirmation @SeeTheBridges

Any idea when kits will be shipping? Now I realize answering questions like this slows you down but I’m a greedy very excited bastard :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’ve had personal stuff to attend to the last 2 days, but several kits will be going out Monday evening after I hand confirm the PCBs are good.

3 Likes

Just got my remote, feels nice, enjoying the screen. Might want to use better bolts tho, all of mine can be tapped out. Maybe the diameter is too small?

I had the same issue with one of mine. I had to fill in the hole and retap the thread to get it to stay

1 Like

:frowning: I’ve been fighting with the goddamn bolts since the beginning. There’s just no good sized bolts that aren’t giving me some kind of issue. I’ve gone through 4 different sets

2 Likes

It probably depends on the 3D printer, but the prints that I got from 3DHubs had very small bolt holes, so they were easy to tap to 3mm size. I used M3x12mm bolts and they screw about 4mm into the bottom half. I imagine M3x15mm would be perfect

I don’t use a tap which is entirely an issue on my end, but that bottom bolt is just a massive issue no matter what screw I’ve used. The design just doesn’t allow for the bottom bolt to grab hold of enough material to be secure most of the time.

Hey mate! Just saw the email, sorry for the delay. I just confirmed the payment! Thanks so much for the great job done!

2 Likes

I wonder where I am at in the queue lol.

@Scoo_B_SK8 when do you think the ETA of the molded case will be? I’m sure many of us (@sofu) want to get our hands on a solid housing! The Mad Munkey case from Joel is silky smooth and solid, not sure how I feel about all the 3D printed gt2bs I have now.

Oh and what price point are you looking at for sale?

Nice bathroom remodel BTW

3 Likes

I might be able to print them in white SLS Nylon if anyone is interested.

Yes this! I ended up drilling out the holes, filling them with hot glue, then used wood screws to drill in. Forget tapping the holes, they won’t hold properly…

Good idea. If my remote starts falling apart after I receive it, I’ll definitely go with your solution.

2 Likes

@SeeTheBridges I just got your parts kit today, and I’m excited to try out your custom PCBs :slight_smile: Do you have any photos of the assembled PCBs I can use as reference? I just want to double-check before I begin soldering everything. The receiver seems a bit more self explanatory, but I’m mainly concerned about the transmitter end. Also, do you think I need to use solder paste to attach the NRF’s to your boards, or can I pull it off with traditional solder if I’m careful?

I’ve got a small video planned out to show assembly of my kits. I don’t have any assembled remotes using a PCB on hand right now unfortunately though. It’s totally doable with a regular iron, it’s what I do all of my boards with :slight_smile: I’ll take some pictures after I assemble the next remote tomorrow

1 Like