For Sale: Firefly Esk8 Remotes and Parts Kits *No longer accepting requests*

@SeeTheBridges what print head are you using? With my E3d i sometimes get better prints without a parts fan cooler and higher temps depending on object and # of bridges/overhangs. reference Tom S. vids via youtube for some great knowledge on 3D printing

@Mikenopolis printed some filler parts to aid in buoyancy and other issues that needed attention before pouring mold (2 part mold), but satisfied with the actual parts being used for mold. Mold boxes are ready to go. will be pouring mold probably tonight.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching A LOT of videos on 3D printing. I think I’m subbed to Tom lol. I’m using the stock .4mm nozzle. Honestly I just need a break from building these things so I can work out exactly what settings I need for optimal print quality. I’m almost done shipping batch 1, and still waiting on pretty much all the parts for batch 2 still. Just received Charge and Boost circuit boards today, but in the break between I’ll be working out my print quality issues.

2 Likes

Just did a test print for the remote. The other side is still printing. And so far the bottom she’ll looks pretty ok to me.

2 Likes

@SeeTheBridges Im in batch 2 will you notify us when payment is due individually or will you tell everyone in batch 2 to pay at the same time? Im paranoid ill miss this like i missed the escape group buy haha

1 Like

Yes! So I send a confirmation email when I begin printing remotes to clarify order contents and allow anyone that wants to make changes a quick chance to do so. Payment isn’t due until I send a PayPal invoice upon completion of your remote.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

Hi How long for get one of this remote Thank you

I’ve got a timeline estimation at the bottom of the original post. Batch 1 is being finished up this week and next week. Batch 2 will begin as soon as I receive parts to do so. Batch 3 is kinda up in the air right now. Depending on how quickly I can get batch 2 done will determine if I’m gonna do a batch 3 run

@SeeTheBridges I’m sorry if I missed it… but left handed option available or no?

I haven’t printed any left models, but I’ll give it a look if it’s possible to mirror the models in my slicer

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like I can print left remotes if requested

@SeeTheBridges

A way to speed up production…

Are you using pcb design? link https://solidgeek.dk/firefly-remote-pcb/

Or OG components i.e. (nano, boost, charge boards)

(I might have missed/forgot what your using, my bad).

1 Like

I’m using all OG components. I’ve designed some PCBs to try and streamline things. They’re my first attempts at ever designing them. I don’t know if they’ll work, but they should get here in time for the last 2 remotes of batch one

Anyone from the Asia / Australia region? If there’s interest i might probably do it to serve around the asia/Australia region. Though would need @solidgeek Permission, And of course donation will be made for every piece ordered. :smiley:

U need to be a level 3 member in order to conduct a group buy

Who’s talking about a gb

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/for-sale-firefly-esk8-remotes-and-parts-kits/56558/173?u=areakruzer

seems like he is doing and interest check before a group buy. no?

Sounds more like he’s seeing if there’s interest from anyone in the Asia/Australia region for a similar thread

alright, maybe i misread his words. i’ll apologize if so.

How can I take your place

Yeahh. Trying to see if anyone is interested first.

Is it still considered group buy? Since im not ‘exactly’ buying from others. Just helping those without a 3dprinter/ not so skilled in electronics DIY