FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

Still hoping to get Bluetooth support for windows or iPhone support. I woukd seriously not like to have to remove this enclosure!

double on that iPhone support if you need help raising money to do it I’m sure 10dollars per person and people may throw in some cash so we don’t have to find an android every time we wanna fix our ride

4 Likes

also does anyone know where I can get a replacement switch online or the name of this one because I think mine stopped working the little button is at a tilt and doesn’t properly turn the board off without pressing down increadibly hard

2 Likes

yeah I’m with @Esk88! I would be happy to throw some money at it to expedite the process!

3 Likes

This is very much true.

Wifi cards with included bluetooth modules have pestered me for many years. Most problems get fixed with an external usb bluetooth adapter. Might be worth looking into and advised when flashing firmware over bluetooth from PC.

1 Like

I never receive those with my unity -__-

1 Like

Do someone here have recommendation for fixing the unity to the deck ?? Thanks you!

Just strong double sided tape is working for me.

But if you wanted to go fancy you could pick up some longer (say 40mm) M2 bolts and some inserts. Remove the bolts on the Unity, one at a time, and use the longer bolts to fix the Unity to the deck. Please note I am only guessing the dimensions for these bolts!

Re. the connectors, there should be some 3.5mm male bullet connectors in the pack. They’re not adaptors, they’re to solder on to your motor phase wires.

If you don’t want to change the connectors on your motor some people have been making adaptors using the connectors that came with the unity. You can pick up some 5mm female connectors and shove the 3.5mm male plugs in the other end - apparently it’s a snug fit. Add a bit of solder for guaranteed connection and, most importantly, heat shrink any exposed surface.

2 Likes

Guys, that’s not an adapter. It’s just a male 3.5mm bullet that happens to slide into a 5.5mm.

Every unity came with them.

2 Likes

Just got the Unity setup and it was working well until I closed the lid and now it is doing this

1 Like

My guess here is your hall sensors, may you have accidentally swapped the ports?

Hrmmm I’ve actually redone the calibration and test since putting it back together. Would this not solve the problem?

Well the sensors need to be in their respective port, it will pass the test. Double check that and redo a calibration

Thanks man :)!

Speak for yourself. Mine came with only male 3.5mm bullets.

1 Like

It only comes with 3.5mm bullets

1 Like

Fine by me. I wasn’t expecting them. I had just seen 2 people now saying the adapters were included.

Me 2…not the female

Just to clarify, did your unity come with the 5.5mm female bullets? Not a big deal, just curious now.

No only 3.5mm male