FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

Just wanna point out that the last thread I read of a “unity cutout” injury wasn’t even because of the unity and was instead the remote. Until we get more clarity on to what @Powadangaboards’s fault was, I don’t think it’s fair to conclude that the Unity was at fault.

1 Like

I have tested the board without no one on it and it does cut out on max acceleration, it only seems to be on r-spec, slow mode seems fine.

I have a video but cant upload it…

What f/w are you on?

ok… recalibrate your remote, make sure you are in R-spec mode when doing so.

so what is happening is you probably calibrated in “slow mode”. so when you flip the switch in R-spec, the ppm signal is able to overshoot the max travel, causing the unity (or any vesc based esc) to think that it is a bad signal.

this “cutout” will not throw a fault, will just bring the throlle back to zeros

it is the unitys fault, i have tried this with out with the mini remote, same thing. this is a unity issue NOT remote.

I never said it was the remote, I’m saying you should post some faults on here so we can see what it is.

Also include f/w version

1 Like

latest firmware, downloaded it earlier today for my mate to test.

It’d be more clear if you posted the actual version number so we’re on the same page, also faults since you said you can reproduce it.

1 Like

apologies, ready your comment wrong :wink:

1 Like

23.44 10chars

1 Like

I agree. Because if more than half of us, had the fault, no longer experiences the fault. Then, I would expect to see data that supports throwing people in panic mode again.

Wait… r-spec mode? You have a raptor 2.1 with cut outs?! Thats news for me! :flushed:

he might be using a nanoX

4 Likes

Well, upgraded to 23.44 and Bluetooth still cuts out on voltage spikes (?), even during bench testing by fiddling with the controller, accelerating and braking. Disconnects both from my laptop while using the Foxbox Tool 1.3 and Xmatic app on my phone.

1 Like

Can you post the fault? I’m curious to see which one you’re getting.

Oh I heard about this somewhere else… It sounded like a… hardware issue… :blush:

Something about voltage spikes, ground loops, yadda yadda…

1 Like

Which was supposed to be fixed with a “firmware update” :thinking: :joy:

yes using a nano x and a mini 2.4hz

I was surprised my BT was stable after the update because jeff mentioned it is hardware related and they were looking into a new revision of the module.

Please try re-calibrating the PPM settings in R-spec. i’m pretty certain this is your issue

2 Likes