FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

thats another point I have to mention. Before 23.44 my stock unity BT module would loose connection all the time while riding. Now it stays connected.

2 Likes

I have a test metr unity and it works good after a few days of testing, it always have good connection and dont “freeze” when trying to write app/motor settings like the standard can do sometimes. But their is a baundrate problem that make it disconnect for a short time sometimes. I think they already solved it or is working on it. Easiest would be if they would allow with the app to choose baundrate for the internal Bluetooth to @Deodand

2 Likes

That would be really useful. Maybe an advance window where only who dare can modify some more parameters. So Unity app will stay user friendly, but with some advancer features. Unlock the developer tabs :joy:

2 Likes

I hope it is resolved too as anyone else who doesn’t want to fear riding because of chance of streetface due to unity fault.

What surprises me is the lack of ride logs from the ones that have had streetface because of this.

I always log every ride with the metr pro exactly for these kind of possible issues. I need to be able to troubleshoot what goes wrong when it does. May that be my fault or hardware or software

3 Likes

I bet you wouldn’t log it after you get smashed. At least getting to the ER was my #1 priority back then.

1 Like

I hope deo saw you post i pmmed him where you discussed the cuurent over amp stuf

I did have ride log with metr, it was abs overcurrent cut out when I crashed and broke my scapula and got elbow out of joint and needed to do a surgery to screw it togheter. Have been of the board for over 3 month now but in 2 weeks i will be back :grin::skateboard:… I hope I did not lose my confidence when I step on again …! But still need 1 year rehab before its good, but atleast my bone is healed now. My cut of problem was fixed in the update before this :+1:

6 Likes

Damn man how fast was the fall at?

Thats the fun part. A few weeks before I bailed in 40mph but slided it out with no damage at all thanks to protection (that was not any fault on board) then this happend in almost stand still… Its like I wish it happend on high speed so I could blame myself for going to fast haha :joy:

The issue is not fixed!!! i had a friend tom test out the board this evening and the board cut out on him from stand still to hard exceleration after a couple of seconds… this shit is dangerous guys, is it going to take a death for you to recall? witnessing it happen to another person is nuts! the stopping jolt is fucked up.

8 Likes

Fucking shit… and I was optimistic to ride my Unity after I healed because of the fixes. VESC6 deal is sealed.

1 Like

Was it an absolute maximum current fault?

This happened to me every time I was testing on fw3.40 on focbox with dual setup via canbus. I set limit to 160 amps for each and as soon as the total of both focbox reached this it would be triggered which should not be happening. I went back to fw3.38 and now I could exceed 160 amps total again which should be how it is.

yea indeed… fucking shit! i want a refund on my focbox! this shit just isn’t on, if you have bought a foxbox and it hasnt been shipped, cancel your order, dont risk it guys!!!

im not sure, im not a techy when it comes to this, i put my trust in enersion that the product would work!

I understand you are angry, but there is always a risk on any electric skateboard it will fail and probebly not all ppl writing with cutouts have problems related to unity, there is other things that can cause it to, im sure they will fix it, but ofc it sucks to get damage before…

1 Like

61023918_415922832588691_88132857762938880_n

i never had this issue with my Evolve board, Ever! never had it with my 2 focbox either. im just not impressed with how this is being handled right now

2 Likes

No offence, I understand your point fully but take a look at this PoS:

3D printed wheels, used and beat SK3 motor, printed pulley(duh), shit car ESC, shitty used LiPo batteries.

(Don’t forget shitty wiring full of hot glue and electrical tape.)

It never fucking failed. Ever.

Solid as a rock.

Even at ~55km/h.

If this piece of shit that cost the same as a single Unity could survive. Why can’t a “top class” controller be stable and survive?

2 Likes

I think it’s worth you create your thread so we can help debug the issue. (tag me so i get notified) (or the entire process will just become a mess if done in this thread)

describe your entire setup, photos help. Explain what is going on, is it a “cut out” or do the wheels lock?

My cut outs are gone. They never triggered a fault in the terminal.

If you are expecting a cut out its an easy test to just hit full throttle on a small incline or even flat. If you are not expecting it, its horrible and dangerous af.