FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

I think I found a bug in the FOCBOX Tool @Deodand

After doing the Motor Setup Wizard for the first time and selecting Hall sensors from the dropdown it says in the FOC tab that Sensormode 1 = Hall Sensor and Sensor Mode 2 = Sensorless.

So I think it only sets Hall sensors for one motor in the wizard. I replicated it 2 times and just went on to do the motor detection in the FOC tab.

Great work by the way!

EDIT: Oh maybe it’s just me:

It says Bad Foc Hall detection result received in the Hall Sensors tab

1 Like

Ah yeah thanks that makes sense I’ll get it fixed next update.

1 Like

Anyone having issues connecting over Bluetooth? I’m on PC, the UI connects fine over USB. My laptop connects to the Unity Bluetooth, but the UI just keeps saying scanning. Is there a step I’m missing?

I can provide more details as and when required.

It says “Bad Foc Hall detection result received” in both the Motor Setup Wizard and the Hall sensors tab under FOC.

I have the older Silver R-spec motors, do you see any values that are off?

The motors spin just fine when using my remote at slow speeds without any load on them. As if they are just working good.

yeah sorry the pc app/tool bluetooth didnt work reliably enough for me to include in this release.

1 Like

Yeah ignore that error message, another bug. Your detection completed successfully.

3 Likes

Not quite sure who could update this but the telemetry on my Photon remote doesn’t work in combination with the Unity. I’ll post in the Photon topic if this is the wrong place image

10 char char

1 Like

10 character

3 Likes

so much help everywhere, I love you guys

2 Likes

All good, at least I know it’s not user error!

@Deodand, would you prefer bugs/feature requests here or via Github?

To fix the Bluetooth function, what exactly do I need to copy/paste into the terminal to fix this? Is it the whole code string noted above or just specific lines.

Sorry…Never played with this code stuff before and I dont want to brick my unity. Any help would be appreciated!

They code outlined above is for how the UNITY does UART so that people like @rpasichnyk and @Wajdi can make the unity compatible with their applications.

From what I can see unless the blizart remote has a reciever , you cannot use it with any vesc.

Thanks. I realize that, I am just trying to be able to connect to it with the Unity PC app via Bluetooth.

On PC connecting to Bluetooth should work so long as your PC has Bluetooth abilities. When you scan does nothing pop up?

Though Also note:

So while scanning may not “work” connecting via BT should still be viable

My laptop connects to the BT, however it does not let me connect to the board through the unity UI. Only “Connect USB” is available. The “Connect Bluetooth” button is greyed out.

Hmmm can we see screenshots ?

Unity%20UI%20Screen%20Shot

Unity%20UI%20Screen%20Shot%202