FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

No heart for you :unamused:

1 Like

just pissing in your cereal :kissing:

Not possible sorry.

1 Like

Is traction control already enabled with Unity. The motors seem to spin at different speeds, how do I sync the erpm of the motors like on focbox and vesc tools of past?

Nah that feature will be in an upcoming FW update, currently it isn’t implemented.

1 Like

Is there any chance to use the BLUETOOTH module with METR? I need the UART port for my FeatherRemote and want to use METR at the same time…

3 Likes

10 charchar

2 Likes

Is it possible to remove the power switch? I want it to power on as soon as I power the battery.

Does the 5v JST port need to be enabled? I just got my unity and have a 5v ESC fan that I want to power from it, but I’m not getting any voltage.

1 Like

Answered a few days ago, looks like you just short the switch.

No… it’s on all the time. U mean the UART? Port?

I have an issue with the JST 2 pin on the bottom right of the Unity, I connected it to my battery indicator and it does not seem to turn on when everything else is.

Did you wire it correctly? The jst cable that I have puts the black cable on the voltage pin (according to the diagram that came in the unity’s box)… I though it was weird

Okay my mistake, i had the wires swapped, swapped it back and it works now! Thanks!

So are us iPhone people just waiting for an app to operate/view the unity through? It would be really sweet right now to be able to view my battery voltage!

3 Likes

Has anyone successfully got the unity working with a firefly remote? I believe PPM is working fine for me but I understand there is a change in the UART protocol, and maybe that is what is preventing getting good telemetry data. Does that mean I should make a change to the receiver code somewhere?

Mine works for controlling the board (really well I might add) but I’m not getting telemetry. Pretty sure the baud rates match (11520).

I also tried switching rx and tx wires on the receiver. I either get nothing, or garbage data. I have 5V, GND and PPM plugged into the servo port then just the rx and tx wires wired on a jst plug which is plugged into the comm port of the unity.

3 Likes

Line 166 here is the order of the new values output:

I meant to make a new packet with dual motor data and leave the legacy packet there but I kind of forgot to finish that before launch. If you peak at line 1077 you can see I have the new packet created I just never reverted the old packet structure.

1 Like

If I understand correctly, this breaks all 3rd party stuff that attaches to UART?

The natural followup question: can you revert to legacy packet, and push out a new build?

Honestly, the get_values packet has changed quite a few times if I’m not mistaken. I think a lot of stuff already has support for multiple get_values formats so it’s a matter of adding unity support.

I could make that change but I’m not sure on it. I don’t want someone feeling like the values part works with a legacy tool then writing config values from a non-compatible app and bugging their setup. Some of the vesc uart stuff isn’t terribly reliable.

But yeah if enough people want it I’ll change it.

3 Likes

Firefly remote users salute you o7

1 Like