FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

It’'s kind of Serious joke :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have the same problem with my raptor 2.1. According to Bara I get a replacement motor. Should I until then turn off all Hall sensors completely?

I exchanged the 6pin cables connected to the Unity for each other. It is still the same motor affected. That means it should be a defective cable from the motor?

55914113_323812868499900_5680617341616914432_n

2 Likes

In a dual esc setup you can run one sensored and the other unsensored and with canbus use the traction control to have a smooth start like both are sensored.

I have it setup like this because one of my motors hall censor detection gave a bad result. I think it’s fried, the sensor at least. Not the motor.

I guess this works with the unity too?

1 Like

I don’t know. I think the best would be to just keep riding and wait for the replacement engines?

I also sometimes have a stuttering wheel in Rspec mode. This doesn’t happen in slow mode. Does this have anything to do with the defective hall sensors?

This is what it looks like in the tool

Hy mate… did you find a solution for the Firefly remote to your R2 ??

I did fiddle with the code a bit. But no, I never got unity data showing on the firefly screen.

I know the unity is working with the firefly nano, so basically I tried to replace the relevant firefly code with the relevant code from the firefly nano. Whatever I did left the remote functional, but didn’t bring up any useful data for the remote. In the end I gave up and bought the new flipsky remote. I don’t regret it, but it is a shame to waste my wooden/aluminium firefly chassis.

I can share my progress later, when I get home. Someone might be able to point out where I went wrong.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply… No stress at all. I’m happy when you can send it duering the weekend. im curious. THX

ok im super lost. where and how do i get the unity app for windows?

1 Like

Dig in the files it’s in there

Its not a program it’s just a file

where tho?

what files?

its in the folder
windows_build

Here: https://enertionboards.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000660795-Windows-Tool-for-Unity

So if I use the Standard setup guide in the standard tool It automatically will run it in foc. if I want it in bldc I need to use the advance setup tool?. https://youtu.be/C7MtbMTKrOs

@Deodand I was able to capture a few errors I’ve been dealing with, hopefully you can help.

When letting off of throttle and then re-engaging, I often get the sound of the motor clicking and then not responding. I notice the unity throws off a flashing light whenever this happens. It has happened on 3 remotes now.

Particularly scary when throttle doesn’t re-engage when I need to stop.

1 Like

I keep getting this calculate error L2 is 0. Please measure it first. Dose anyone know what it is?

Hi all - after a long winter and other distractions, finally getting around to setting up my Unity.

I was reading here on the forum, that I should not update the Firmware??? Is that right?

Whereas when I try to go to Motor Settings, I getting this prompt- and cannot proceed…

Sorry if this has been answered…

You are using the proper tool for the hardware you have. You can proceed to update the firmware.

1 Like

Enough talk about that damn warranty…

This is how the unity should have come in the first place for diy builders.

Longer motor wires, 4mm banana plugs, Xt90

No warranty I know… But this is a DIY builders forum, I am the warranty… IMG_20190407_100843609

17 Likes

Hey y’all was finally able to try and set up my unity but I can’t get the thing to connect to my desktop via USB-C. Tried some different cables and ports on my computer but it’s like its not there.

We urgently need answers to all above questions iso some of the questions. Had stuttering yesterday too. Will firstly lower the amp values and try again. Ah and look for the traction control (thought it was always on, seems not haha)