FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

This have been for all kind of vesc modules, nothing new that their is no protection against it. My gues is that they are working on it but i dont think its so easy to implement. If you dont want to wait buy a metr for ~40usd

Yeah, but the BT module is built into the Unity. It’s what you get as a part of the package that you pay for and thus it’s reasonable to expect certain security standards will be met. Having to use Metr is not an acceptable workaround for me even though I have one.

2 Likes

I thought about it for a bit. What I would do as a minimal dev effort fix would be release a version of the FW that only allows reads over UART. It would forbid all writes over UART. You would have to use USB to change settings once you install that FW. People would still have the option to use the unrestricted FW if they want to keep the flexibility of being able to change settings over BT (and at the same time they like to live dangerously).

2 Likes

I’m using the Unity switch but also have my battery using an e-switch. If I take out the power switch connected to the battery and solder the wires together will this allow me to use only the Unity to power on and off?

Just want to double check thanks :ok_hand:t2:

A picture of the e switch will help to make sure but all 2 wire switches I’ve come across just close the circuit when pressed and open it when closed.

1 Like

I received my unity last week and over the weekend I installed it in my build. I have a honor view 10 running android pie. I used the focboxui android app to set this up. I scanned bluetooth and connected. I updated the firmware. I ran through the config all seamed normal. Motor setup and ppm set all looked like they went through, saved the config, but one motor was running in reverse. I also had bad stuttering on the motors. I did the same on the pc app through usb and it is working. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong or bug? And :smiling_imp: for post 666…

There’s a small circle/arrow in the app. Click that and it will reverse that motors direction

I did try that and wrote the config with no change. The motors were wonky too… stuttering sounded weird etc. The pc app did fix it all for me so not a huge deal. The Unity is bad ass btw…

1 Like

Hmm weird. Yeah I’m enjoying it. Glad it worked out for you!

Seems enertion is in a hurry, didn’t get a instruction manual with one of my unitys, now I don’t know how to use it :face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy:

1 Like

Still waiting on mine which was ordered in Dec.

Can I change this connector to fit the Unity, if so does anyone know where I can find them?20190402_212819|374x500 20190402_212819

Jst zh 6 pins, you can get some adapters or a pig tail from ebay

Dont forget to insulate those phases leads.

2 Likes

indeed…just sizing things up for now…waiting on parts. thx

https:///collections/electrical-connectors/products/vesc-sensor-wires

1 Like

beautiful…putting my order in now…thx bruh!!

1 Like

@AlanZhou

That’s strange, I always thought you might have the basic knowledge of ESCs already as you are on the forum quite a bit.

9 Likes

Lol I was joking

2 Likes

I think Carl did to :joy:

6 Likes

It sounded so formal :rofl:

4 Likes