FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

Hey guys, I’m using the Unity on my Mountainboard Build and almost suffered a horrible crash today because of a sudden cutout at hard accelerating like @mackann told.

I guess I almost had 45km/h+ on the clock so it did occur quite late. But yeah threw me off almost, glad I hat my bindings… Also I have these stutters when full accelerating from a dead stop sometimes.

My settings are:

• Motor Max 80A
  • Battery Max 60A
  • Motor Min -60A
  • Battery Min -30A

So I guess the settings are quite conservative.

Does anyone have found out more about these problems?

I’m a bit scared now to try again and try to reproduce the error…

2 Likes

Did you hook it up to a charged battery?

1 Like

Yeah we are investigating this, it’s currently my number one priority. What motors are you running? Can you share a screenshot of your motor config?

Were you able to check faults as mackann?

1 Like

lol yes, always good to start with the basics though. I ended up contacting Enertion support through the site. I think the usb-c connector is bad. Hopefully they will take care of it. The box had one noticeable dent in it so maybe it’s USPS’s doing :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You’re using tha usb A to usb C cable that came in the box?

Yessir, tried the one that came with my pixel 2 phone too.

device show up in the control panel when you plug/unplug?

Tbh I would have to double check that. But I don’t believe so. In the FOCBOX tool only COM 1 shows up and gives the error “Cannot read firmware. Please make sure port is assigned to focbox” or something like that.

I’d double check, if a device shows up but says something like “unrecognized” it can just be a driver issue. If no device shows up at all then it’s probably a faulty port. But every unity is connected through USB twice before passing QC so it shouldn’t be possible unless your box was absolutely crushed by something.

I just double checked on there is nothing showing up on the control panel… Bluetooth connected fine. Turns on fine.

That’s disappointing, by chance plug into another random computer just as a final check? Does seem to be a bad connection there though.

I have my macbook here, would it show up/suffice for testing this? I am using my Windows 10 desktop currently.

Sure something should show up in the devices. (Don’t know Mac very well)

Just checked and nothing shows. Using the same cable I connected my Pixel phone and it did register but couldn’t connect.

Not sure how this unit got through our test jigs :angry: sorry this is causing you annoyance.

Hey, don’t be too hard on yourself! This is a great product, going through the guided setup was very painless. I actually crashed last week (got hit by a car) so I have plenty of time to have it resolved. I already chatted with support and sent them a video as per their request this morning. Thank you Jeffery, your help is deeply appreciated.

Anything else I should do?

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that I have not used the Unity other than setting up and bench testing. I re-read my post and saw that it wasn’t clear. Forgive me for any confusion that might of caused.

Thanks for your effort! I like the Unity quite much, I already ordered a second one for another build. I hope it is not a hardware issue as it seems not occurring at every user.

Here are my settings:

Unity_Settings

I’m running two Turnigy SK8 6374 192 kV motors. And I am on 12S not 10 like in the picture…

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to check the faults as I am an iPhone user and it turned itself off till I was home… Maybe I can reproduce this behavior by pushing a car away or so…

Thanks for sharing the settings screen, very helpful.

On your BMS are you running charge only or discharge? You have 12s selected in unity settings normally?

Erm xt 90 is not needed 4mm bullets are also overated you will almost never discharge enough amps to cause damage to the stock config that’s why enertion does not ship it that way and also because they use the stock config for the raptor :joy:

@deodand please shoot me a pm whenever you want to troubleshoot my problem above. Very annoying issue.