FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

Probably bad Bluetooth connection(will be improved next update I think) , try using USB cable

1 Like

Yup. Been doing cable. Sucks tho because I would have to always open my enclosure. :disappointed_relieved:

Can’t wait for the new app. Hopefully, it will have modes that we can easily switch out.

1 Like

Screenshot_20190326-103012 20190326_102809

20190326_103259

Flux measurement failed, first time using focbox tools can’t seem to get it working :sweat_smile:

Install your belts and spin the wheels

2 Likes

You could buy a metr bluetooth and use that app to change the settings if you don´t want to wait. https://metr.at/shop It supports Unity and have a lot of cool features

I have it. My feather remote is using the uart port. I could use the internal one but I need to be able to switch baudrate. This requires a “custom firmware” that doedand provided. I know this because sofu has it and provided the link to share with deodands permission of course.

I just need to get off my lazy @$$ and make a connector for the internal pinouts so I could connect my feather remote there and use the external for the metr. I believe this is what sofu has in her haya.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue on from dead stop launches. Like you said no issues if I ease on to it just if I try and launch it’ll shutter after launching. Makes predicting behavior from a stop hard. Have you been able to fix it? I’m running pretty much the same settings as you at the moment but the issue occurs pretty no matter what I make the Max Battery and Max Motor currents.

My set up is: 12s6p Samsung 30Q, BMS specs in pic below, 4:1 gear drive, 8’’ pneumatics, dual 6384 sensored 200kv motors.

In my case since my motors are sensorless, increasing Openloop ERPM parameter has helped, at least on the bench. We haven’t had the chance to test on the street yet.

Have you tried this suggestion?

1 Like

Hi thanks for the reply, I tried with belts on first and I’ve tried a motor off my spare board with the same message :sweat_smile:

What kv are those motors?

They are Turnigy G160 290kv I also tried a Diye 270kv 5055

that’s quite a high KV for a low gear reduction… might want to look in to a lower Kv around 190

anyhow, for high Kv motors, it is better you have you belts on and you need to give the wheel a real good spin

Ok spinning the wheels super fast worked! Definitely prefers a little push to start.

received_2159876547463417

3 Likes

ok we all know the DRVspecs ecc…but I would like to know. Did someone already tried the unity for hundreds km/miles with a 13s battery? We need a brave tester :grin:

2 Likes

Working on it…

5 Likes

Hi, app looses communication with the unity after short time or when I try to upload the configuration, nothing updates and I have to reconnect many times, bluetooth led on the controller is lit all the time. I’m using OnePlus 3T running android 8.0.0.

Same thing happens to me. OnePlus 7.1.2 here though. Perhaps, it’s our phone? I have use the same phone to change settings when I was using my dualfocbox running metr pro though.

I’ve noticed it mostly happens when I change motor settings. It “hangs” then does nothing.

1 Like

I just installed Xmatic and tried connecting to my new Unity. It worked just fine, which is both great and worrying. Shouldn’t there be some kind of pairing process? Does this mean that anyone with a bluetooth device and correct software can connect to my Unity and change my settings? I wouldn’t quite appreciate that. @Deodand?

4 Likes

Yes they can, atleast for the moment. The only way is to unplug the Unity Bluetooth module and buy a metr pro module and use that app instead to protect you from anyone changing your settings

That’s pretty bad. @Deodand please fix that. This is a serious vulnerability.

1 Like