FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

Any BMS will do , If anything you would want double redundancy in case stuff go badOn one end.

Because the unity provides batter cutoff , this allows many people to go the charge only route. If you don’t want to have to deal with balancing your battery after a while, get a discharge BMS.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. Any recommendations? I’m going 10s.

1 Like

What remotes work with the Unity? I just need something cheap to get me up and riding for the minute.

1 Like

Anything that isn’t a remote with fancy Bluetooth with work ‘out of the box’(with minor adjustments, like 0ing ppm at neutral throttle)

G2b

Mini

Nano x

I think those are the main (good) ones

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Unity comes with the battery protection system already so all you need to do is get any charge only BMS. Any 2.4 Ghz remote will work with it.

4 Likes

Do I need an antispark or switch between the battery and the Unity?

NO. That has been answered one bazillion times already… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

oh no you got Michael tight :laughing:

srsly tho lol, control F and discourse even works with you to search the entire thread, and not just whats on your screen.

5 Likes

Yeah… and a fucking awfull day… :slight_smile: :joy: (Sorry @Shaun)

1 Like

A loopkey never hurts if you want to fully disconnect your battery, just saying. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apologies. So basically you can directly connect a battery to the Unity and it will do everything (accurately manage current draw from the battery if set correctly, Regen, switch the power on and off without any draw when it’s off, act as the anti spark)?

Enertion need to include these basic questions in their FAQ section on their website for noobs like me.

2 Likes

Not sure about idle current draw, maybe it is zero, but some antisparks were known to draw some current even after being “off”, so I’d add a loop key just in case when you go away for a longer time without riding.

2 Likes

No offence taken! :joy:

1 Like

I believe the Unity drains, but not alot. its almost negligible:

@Shaun

1 Like

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

You can leave your unity plugged in on a discharged battery for several months without issue. Any charge in the battery extends that to the years time frame where it isn’t worth thinking about.

It handles all anti-sparks functionality onboard.

Quick math: typical 10 Ah battery (4 parallel cells) discharged to 3.1V (unity cutoff) has 10 percent capacity left. 1Ah/0.00001 amps = 11.4 years

7 Likes

No need for a

then. Good to know, cleaner setup. :smiley:

1 Like

Has anybody here having trouble changing motor Max and min using the app?

Workflow:

• Hit scan
  • Choose unity
  • Connect
  • Click config tab
  • Click read current config
  • Change parameters
  • Click apply updated config.

Nothing. Any ideas?

2 Likes