FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

No water has penetrated the enclosure but I do plan to reseat all my connections while I have it opened up! Keep you posted. What’s the lead time on a momentary switch for the unity from you guys?

Glad to hear you figured it out

I am not sure if you already contacted support for the switch but you have to do it if your switch is faulty

This might be the correct thread for this question.

Is this ok?

Mine was way way off. That should be fine. You can also manually match them using the focbox tool

Well one of the two motors is having some sort of issue spooling up… Would manually matching them solve that ride ability issue?

What do these numbers mean anyways?

1 Like

it’s akin to the motor kv kind of, essentially its volts/ (rad/s) or Newton-meters (torque) / amps (motor current). 0.5 is probably the incorrect value.

Yeah, the .5 motor is the one not having issues spooling up. That would stand to reason. Assuming the left right is constant in the HUD and the motor configs… In real life, they are on the opposite sides.

It also happens to be that the motor in question makes more noise when free spinning it… I am wondering what could cause the KV rating to be high or watever, and then also cause the noise and the drive ability…

the hand spin detection is the part of detection routine that measures that number, make sure you run the calibration and give it a nice firm spin.

I have mastered doing that, and the results I am getting are very consistent.

Match the Flux linkage numbers like I mentioned and try again. Should run like butter

Ok, I do’nt know how, gonna go back in right now, and see if I can figure it out.

Download the focbox tool, not the UI of you are having this issue. It allows you to manually set the values when motor detection doesn’t work exactly right

Already have it yo.

So for some reason I am getting good results in this tool, but not in the other tool…

Gonna go see if this works better before getting into the other app.

On a side note can anyone speak to the use of the app for iphones, Xmatic? $3 bucks, and I can maybe do this shit without pulling the enclosure off…

She’s riding well again. Strange results.

1 Like

I am having the same exact issue during full throttle. If eventually you find a fix, please let us know.

I think a couple other people have encountered the same issue. I haven’t pinpointed the exact cause but it seems to be occuring at that low speed transition from hall sensors to sensorless operation with large motors, can you try using the full tool and changing the following parameter:

to something like 4500 instead of 3500 and let me know if that addresses the issue?

Sorry to those wrestling with the bug, I’m working on a FW release now I’ll do my best to pin down the cause and fix it.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, something funny must be going on with the app I’ll investigate… is this on the pc?

In my case I am running sensorless motors already. Do you think that parameter would have any effect?