FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

It’s not belt skipping, first because of the noise and second because the motor kinda locks and throws off my balance.

I will try to record a video.

Any pics on how to mount the Unity. It looks like the heat sink is on the bottom of the unit (I’m not speaking about the top heat sink). exactly where the mount screws are. Am I to mount the unit with the primary heat sink flush with the deck/enclosure, will I need to add an additional heat sink?

In most e-skate applications the unity is fine without additional cooling. You can confirm this by checking temperatures in the app after a hard ride. Anything under 60-70C means you are well in the zone where no throttling due to motor driver heat is occurring.

1 Like

so is it ok to mount it with the primary heat sink flush or should there be some clearance?

Yeah, I’m lazy and just mount it with some VHB tape to the wood, not exactly best practice but gets the job done and works fine until you need to remove the unit :smile:

4 Likes

Barbaric…

4 Likes

2 Likes

are the mount holes on the heat sink?

Yeah the 4 holes that are 44X15mm are M3 blind holes

1 Like

thx. I don’t think i want my unit mounted flush like that…I just got an idea this may be epic. thx again man.

If it’s aluminum heat sink fins sticking out of your enclosure like a shark fin spoiler, that’s my idea

Whoever flagged this is a supreme choch. I know who you are, I know you know who you are, and I know you know that I know who you are. Game on.

5 Likes

@Deodand @CarlCollins

Will the next update include an option for the users to change the baud rate on the other UART port/s?

2 Likes

ok ok ok…you got me!!

1 Like

What is the UART port and what is it used for. I’ve searched high and low and I can not find a clean cut description as to what it is.

Simpler terms:

• means of communication between Vesc and a device.
  • usages: telemetry, changing settings wirelessly.
2 Likes

beautiful…thx a million man.

Replacement main switch for the unity ? There was no confirmed info about the specs at Eneretion support live chat I could get . I damaged my switch and need a replacement . Would this work? -https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HFXNRQJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is a laser imprint at my old switch -3V . I would appreciate details . Thank you .

Looks like we missed February…

Guys, just for information. Does someone know if they start shipping the early March batch?

4 Likes

If anyone is going 4wd here is a demonstration of using 5v on canbus connector for on and soon off with only one button:

5 Likes