FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

Today on another group ride I took the effort to read temps again. And with some more aggressive riding the throttling was worse. One motor is getting hot way faster than the other one.

Afther this I pushed it with some sprints to compare temps.

We were never able to measure an outside temp of higher than 67. Even when they were 130 on the sensor a few sprints later.

At this point it was slower than a meepo and Ownboard again, torque wise not speed. I was making short sprints to achieve these temps. (that’s the worst case scenario)

I wonder how throttling will be when it’s 25 celsius outside. If the one motor wouldn’t heat up as fast as it does throttling might be less as the ‘good’ motor has so much to compensate it also throttles up faster.

If you don’t take short sprints the board performs good. Not in a drag race, it would need to be pretty cool to be relevant/win, inclines might a problem too havn’t tested

3 Likes

Did you took readings on the truck and the silver part towards the kingpin of the motors too?

1 Like

Yes, all lower than 67 at any point. The Measured point is actualiteit the hottest we could find. Inside, outside, truck.

1 Like

So its seem like its still bad reading of the temp from the hardware… i dont think the motor is twice hot inside from the outise … (67vs 130)

In my experience the core of the motors (windings) can be way hotter than the outside

1 Like

hi26 maybe someone can help me here , i have the 2.1 hub motor from enertion and the number from them are not the same ,is it normal to have this difference between them ? Thanks

1 Like

Looks good to me. Just some minimal difference but @Deodand knows best… :slight_smile:

1 Like

@epss4

You have to roll motors as hard as you can, single time in forward direction to get the equal values. Also, Make sure the bullet connector configuration is identical for both motors.

I fixed this issue on my Raptor recently, I think this applies to DIY setup as you are using Enertion Drive kit

2 Likes

Ok i will try! Where can i get the 23.42 update with mac ?? Thanks ! :slight_smile:

Look at your hall sensor icon. To the right of the picture, it only has two. The left has 6. Bad hall sensor? This is just my assumption.

Mine exhibited only one sensor on my one motor. Weird thing is it passed motor detection and all but I had trouble stabbing the trigger. It cogged badly.

My inquiring mind wants to know.

Maybe the expert enertion dudes could verify this.

1 Like

Click on the picture, everything seems fine

1 Like

I stand corrected. Thanks.

1 Like

This was with a R2 drive? Were the sensors in their respecfull connector and not swapped?

Nope. DIY stuff. Let me dig up my screenshot…

Screenshot_20190211-150730 .

Guys, I am experiencing some strange behavior with the unity under full throttle.

My setup is dual maytech 190kv 6355 sensorless motors.

I know it’s normal for sensorless motors to stutter at startup, but in my case even after a few pushes, it sutters once I punch the throttle.

So far it didn’t happen when I eased into the throttle, slowly accelerating.

In one instance it even ran for a bit and then it stuttered with a bit of speed already. Making it super dangerous since I was leaning forward and not expecting it at all.

Would you say this is normal? @Blasto @Deodand @CarlCollins?

I don’t know what your motor currents are set at, but for 6055 should be in between 40 and 50A.

I left it at the default 60a since the motors are rated for 65a. It’s this model: image https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuxneY39NRJJ_mEzQ0PFun4_1TEwbB6VmKGSxVEEgDeybm3BfCBMNjL3KXiw

Might be best if you posted your settings from the ui including your motor detection results

Inclding the type of battery you have

Here it is Screenshot_20190303-143849 Screenshot_20190303-143906

As for the battery, right now since I’m travelling I’m using two 5s turnirgy 5000mah 30c in series.

Is it possible that it is your belts that are skipping?