FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

So what’s the Latest FW version?

23.42 I believe

1 Like

Cool. Have it now. Man I was hoping for some more changes than that.

Experience told me that the more you change the more you need to fix. In software development better take small steps. I am sure updates will come

1 Like

I just need a minor update so my board doesn’t take off an kill someone. Really scary. If I turn my board on by it’s self right at 30 sec it goes to full throttle.

1 Like

Your PPM settings are messed up! Try to load the default values in the Focbox Tool for your PPM settings and then calibrate the remote and reciever once more. If that doesn´t solve your issue then your reciever might be too close to some wires with high amp draw.

1 Like

Everything is fine if I turn my remote on. Rides like normal, and failsafe works good. I can turn my remote off and it won’t take off on me. It’s only if I turn the board on only. For example when my daughter pushed the button and I didn’t know it had this problem. Lucky no one got hurt. But I do think your on to something with the remote settings. To get a full 100 to -100 during remote calibration my neautral point ends up being somewhere around 20%. If I trim my gt2b remote out to where it has a value of 0 for a midpoint I only get 80% throttle. Under normal circumstances this is working great ( although my OCD wants the midpoint at zero) I have a feeling when my board is turned on by it’s self it defaults to this and messes with it.

Are you sure? I just updated mine and it is reading 23.41 am I referencing the right window (unity UI, bottom of firmware tab)

1 Like

I’m on 23.42 now.

yep just did it last night. 23.42

1 Like

Got it. Might need to look at mine again haha

1 Like

I did mine with the app and had to delete the app and re download to get the update.

ah well before you have to update the app that for sure. Go in our market place and update it. @Jaydawg56

I haven´t used this particular remote but the usual calibration process is that you are not triming your remote but rather have the Focbox tool let do the calibration. After you click apply your your neutral point should be in the middle. Sorry I don´t have the tool in front of me so the apply button might be called something else. I hope it makes sense to you.

1 Like

Yea. Just uninstalled and reinstalled the UI. Says I need to update! Haha

1 Like

No worries. I appreciate the help. I can not touch the trim, do the calibration, and my netural point will be at 20%. I think this is because the gt2b remote has more throttle travel than brake travel. I was hoping the update would let me manually set the netural point.

1 Like

Glad you got it! Ya mine said it was up to date but it wasn’t. Cool!!

Sweats profusely in GT2B… :disappointed_relieved:

(I have GT2B, but haven’t tried to do calibration yet…)

Guessing this means two of my hall sensor wires are either not present or shorted? Can anyone clear up which. I’m going to remove each wire in turn from the JST to see which the culprits are.

Alrwsdy switched the over in case it was a problem on the port on the box. It isn’t. Screenshot_FOCBOX_UI_20190216-175243

Should be Hall 3 I think