FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

I’ve tried since measuring the continuity on all wires and they all are apparently functional. I’ve tried with changing the phase wire combinations and get different hall outputs.

Is this to be expected? If the hall wires leading from the motor show no continuity faults then the issue is internal to the motor, correct?

Can you confirm that the image representing the Hall sensor in this case means that there’s a short between two wires OR does it represent that the input from two wires is missing completely?

Screenshot_FOCBOX_UI_20190216-200459 Screenshot_FOCBOX_UI_20190216-200723

2 of your hall sensors are fine and 1 is broken.

This is a problem with your remote not the unity. Can pretty much guarantee if you scope your receiver something wonky is going on with its PPM when you power up. We’d have a lot more people reporting this issue otherwise. The issue with the 20% thing is just a graphical issue in the app that I forgot to patch, oops :disappointed_relieved: You can download the full tool and configure your remote from there to confirm.

The GT2B is a pretty commonly used remote though so I’m a bit surprised to here this. @murloc992 can you update us on if you get this same dangerous behavior?

Not a lot to do on the unity because I can’t just ignore PPM commands… If its one spurious signal on power up it should time out.

Tighten the pins in the hall sensor connector.

I have had this with two different gt2b remotes on my board alone. My friend has a gt2b remote and his board does the exact same thing. Like I say if the remote is on it Acts like normal and everything is silky smooth. No glitches. It’s only if the board is powered first and not the remote. At exactly 30 seconds it goes to full throttle.

There’s a trim pot on the remote side? And you are cranking it a lot so the neutral signal with the remote turned off is no longer in the ± 15% dead zone?

FYI the neutral point gets autoset correctly and just displays wrong. Just set the trim to 0.

Yes. In order to get ±100% travel the netural point rest at about 19%. When the remote is on the board is happy with that netural point (even though I’d rather have it at zero) the fail safe on the remote also works good and the board doesn’t take off.

You guys setting the failsafe on the gt2b?

1 Like

Yes. Failsafe works perfect.

Set trim to 0, re-run remote calibration and ignore the display percent. It should correctly read your remote setup. You can also just run remote calibration in the full tool (download here) and it will correctly display throttle.

1 Like

I’ll do that and test it out. Good idea. Just don’t like the idea of not getting full throttle. Already at 100A motor current and would take more if I could get it.

The thing takes three values low max, center, and top max. These are read correctly in the app when you run calibration. The issue is just that the display read out is between max and min and doesn’t account for center value. Just need to fix the plot in the app but it is computed correctly in FW. You will get the full ± 100 throttle if you just run calibration normally with trim set to 0.

1 Like

Awesome awesome! I’ll try that and report back on here. Thank you!

Are there any developments to differentiating each unity when we are in close proximity of others? I know that as soon as winter ends here, we will have a lot of riders on unities here. Any feature that locks our unit to our device (or passcode) or that can help us name our unities would be nice. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah we will be taking a hard look at the BLE firmware very soon. We did enable over the air firmware updates for the module (requires special signing file for compiled fw to be flashed) so this feature will be coming but it’s going to take some time as we want to build up an infrastructure to support BLE fw updates and customizations through the UI.

1 Like

is that a XT-60 connection, if so can it be changed to a XT-90?

Ok I have ran calibration with it trimmed to zero. It’s looking much better. I was too focused on the endpoints as well as the center. It has a zero midpoint now. However after after 30 seconds of the board on only it still goes to full throttle. I appreciate your help. I have pinned it down to the receiver now. It will not do it with it unplugged. The set failsafe on the receiver times out after 30seconds and defaults to something different. I set it up with slight brake for testing. If I connect remote and turn it off after 30sec the brake turns off and then defaults to 0 input. This is also the case if I turn only the board on. It applies the failsafe brake I set for 30sec and then for some reason after it goes to full throttle. I’ll do some research and if need be make a new post for the GT2b. I’m least making serious progress on the problem now. Thank you so much for the help!!

1 Like

Please fix the remote midpoint issue

So no iPhone support with the firmware update? :pensive:

1 Like

@Deodand

I just tested my GT2B and it literally goes to 100% throttle in a very short stroke of the remote.

I have calibrated the PPM in the app, it stays at 25% default, I assume it’s the visual bug, but the acceleration curve happens in 2mm of the controller pull. :smiley:

The calibration data:

Throttle peaks at 40% of the input. So only 15% of the real input?

EDIT: I think it might be just no-load shenanigans. Sad that it’s not really possible to test throttle curves without a load. :slight_smile:

2 Likes